Significance of 3-month training for LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by indra, Mar 15, 2009.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

If what LCW did is the way to beat LD, will these guys learn from that and apply the same to LD. I am pretty sure the coaches will be reviewing the win by LCW over LD - the video will be played many times.:D

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    You should watch videos of players when they show all their cards - Like in OG. Watching videos of players playing badly will only help if they play badly when you next play them.

If you prepare for the worst then it will be easy.

Regarding the significance of the three month training, I think it matters little when at LD's stage of development he is doing alternative training for 3 month. He is experienced in match play & has all the technique he will ever learn. It matters more for younger players who are improving their skill/technique/physique or who require match practice against other player than their team mates.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, LD played badly in the SWISS OPEN and he was not able to do anything about it. On the other hand, LCW played masterfully. If you want to deny that, it does not matter coz I believe if he plays like that again, LD will be in trouble.

As a champion, LD does not like to be beaten. Look at his expression after the loss tells it all. I hope he does not think like you that losing this SS title is unimportant as long as he bags the biggies because it will soon be hard to peg back at LCW.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Well said, LD expression tells it all. He was so uncomfortable at time until he made those mistakes and he lost. But, peoples still cant accept it and would like to think that he did it on purpose and being generous just because SO was not a important tournament for LD.....:eek:

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Letsnot get into this discussion again. We have given our opinions in the "whitewash" thread.