Sights, sounds and.............aroma of Beijing..

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by ctjcad, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

2. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Might count me in as well. Many thanks to our great Beijing organiser, Fengwei. Your presence with us definitely turned our Beijing trip from ordinary to extremely memorable and enjoyable. I wasn't expecting anything from this trip(mainly due to language barrier) other than watching Badminton matches but it turned out to be one of my most enjoyable holiday trip ever. All the best in your studies and hope you enjoy your brand new 1st Gen AT700. Oh, did you managed to your your Prada badminton shoe?

Also, very nice meeting new and old friends, Loh (hey, when's our 3rd meet up huh? ;)), hcyong, ctjcad (thanks for organising the Badaling Great Wall trip and all the tickets), Seawell, Kemana(I will always remember your super high pitch cheerleading ability *respect*), Tarek aka Syaoran_style, Li De Quan (thanks for the XXZ's autograph), Ian aka Glasger (thanks for organising the baddy session in such a luxurious sport facility, wow), pjswift's friend-Jennifer(we initially thought you were pjswift) and Abby(didn't manage to talk to you). I hope I didn't miss anyone.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ROFL, this story is so funny. Poor saleslady, she didn't know what hit her, a yonex repres, counterfeit patrol, or a crazy tourist?:D Actually it was a mild mannered bc'er;)

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

chris, thanks for sharing your story..:D
    funny though:D:p

5. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Oh well, as I've said before, it was nothing. You were a great guy, and it was loads of fun touring through the city and watching badminton with you. Besides, I won't be forgetting the "Lao Beijing" lunch you had with Loh, Jason and Hyong :D Such a funny story, haha. And also, the times we went for lunch at the Korean Lamian place, in Dawanglu ;) Delicious!

It was an honor, and may we meet again someday!

6. kemana

kemana Regular Member

Pity i had to work most of the time or i could spend more time hanging out with you guys. And i missed the chance playing badminton with you guys.

7. kemana

kemana Regular Member

hahaha, i think i look and sound funny:D

8. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

You looked great, but sounded horrible! I can't bear the sound of something like "Heyaaaamungo" and "Go KOREA" :D

Next time, when I come to Beijing, I'll promise to play badminton with you. :)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..the next time we meet for another BC get-together (whenever that'll be), we'll dedicate our entire get-together time just to play badminton with you....;)

10. kemana

kemana Regular Member

very very nice of you two, :D

11. Foreverlove

Foreverlove Regular Member

12. Foreverlove

Foreverlove Regular Member

taken by Fangwei

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mist can easily disappear, but smog couldn't.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

All in the air..

...mist....haze....smog....vapor....fog....dew....you name it, you got it; i think all were in the air/picture...For sure, if one didn't see it, sure one did breathe it...;)
    However, on the last weekend of the badminton event, the sky and air cleared thanks to the continuous rain and breeze..:cool:

(pics courtesy of Fengwei)..:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another picture of the inside of the subway. Picture just can't describe how fun it was to get sandwiched in between those passengers....Even best is if there wasn't any air condition in the train..:p[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The crowd at the Badaling Great Wall....and that's only a small percentage on that day...:p
    [​IMG]

The Olympics' mascots (L to R): Beibei, Jingjing, Huanhuan, Yingying and Nini
    Looking at their pose, i think they were expecting people to come and give 'em a big hug. Too bad we BCers didn't get a chance to take a pic or play around with those mascots...
    [​IMG]

#53 ctjcad, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008