Side Support Movement

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Jonno22, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Jonno22

Jonno22 Regular Member

I've recently started stringing racquets again after a couple of years away and noticed when I get to the end of the crosses (usually maybe the last 3 or 4) that the 2 & 10 o'clock side supports are coming away from the frame slightly whilst tensioning and the knobs to tighten them are becoming looser.

Is this an issue, (I'm assuming it is) and is it being caused by an issue with my stringing or how I am mounting the racquet onto the machine?

I'm using a Gamma X-St (crank)

Thanks

2. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

It is more likely the top of the frame is condensed slightly after stringing. This is something that happens at the top, the bottom expands slightly, so you will notice it more there. The top of the racket is pretty flexible and tensioning it will compress the frame slightly. It can become 1-2mm slimmer, and come off the top side-supports.

If this doesn't happen on the bottom, and you mount the racket the other way around on your machine and still only happens op the top, I wouldn't worry about it :)

3. Jonno22

Jonno22 Regular Member

Thanks for your reply, yes it only happens at the top no matter which way round I mount the racquets.