[Side Story] Surprised Auctions at Indonesia Open 2012

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by clawhammers, Jun 17, 2012.

1. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Hi Guys,

I just want to share a side story during the finale day of Djarum Indonesia Open SS 2012.

Today, when people were queuing to enter into the entry gate, suddenly some organizers, at 1 side of the arena, yelled to the people about the proposed auction. These organizers did not use the speaker, and thus it was only heard by very few people near the location of such organizers.

Apparently, there were minor plan to commemorate the opening of Taufik Hidayat Arena in June 2012, whereby Taufik intended to arrange auction for some of his memorabilia. There were 6 items of Taufik’s personal belongings that were auctioned, as follows:

Order of Auction:

1 set of apparel (Verycool sleeveless shirt and shorts) 15014 & 12050 (shirt size L & shorts size M) – red

1 set of apparel (Verycool sleeveless shirt and shorts) 15014 & 12050 (shirt size L & shorts size M) – black

1 pair of shoes Power Cushion 65 FT (JP) size 43 – orange

1 pair of shoes SHB 85 Ltd (SP) size 43 – black/red

2 pcs of Arcsaber 10 spec 3U / G6 (IN Code) – all red

Ps. : I am not so sure about the coding of the sleeveless shirt and shorts

Auction Process

When I heard about the auction, I immediately rushed out from the queuing line and went straight to the organizers. When I arrived, there were very few people gathered nearby the organizers, and the auction was just about to began.

Initially, they started with 1 set of apparel red (15014 & 12050), in which I won the auction. There were not much people gathered around at the time, and I managed to put the final bidding at the price of US$50.00 for 1 set of apparel red. I consider myself very very very lucky... hahahaha

Then I was requested by the organizers to settle the payment... during the time, the organizers continued with the auction of 1 set of apparel black (15014 & 12050)... and the winner had his final bidding at the price of US$80.00 for 1 set of apparel black.

Afterward, the crowd had growth larger in number, the organizers began to auction the 1 pair of shoes SHB 85 Ltd, which was won by the bidder at the price of US$110.00

Subsequently, it was followed with 1 pair of shoes Power Cushion 65 FT, whereby the final bidding price was at US$150.00

I was eagerly waiting for the auction of Arcsaber 10 3U / G6 (IN Code), then when the organizers pick up 1 of the racquet, people started to cheers out and yelling.... There were lots of bidder put their price for these racquets, and it took almost 40 minutes to conclude the process. I lost my personal bid in these auctions (2 times). The final bidding prices of Taufik's Arcsaber 10 were US$250.00 and US$220.00, respectively.

Post-Auction Event

Following the completion of the auction, the organizers (again) surprised all the 6 (six) winners of the auction by giving complimentary T-shirts from Taufik Hidayat Arena for free. The winners are entitled to choose their own color and sizing of such T-shirts.

Furthermore, all of the winners are granted with privileges to have chit chat with Taufik Hidayat and his spouse, and to take personal picture with him. I did not lose such opportunity, and even made him to put his signature over my 1 set of apparel red (15014 & 12050) and also the complimentary T-Shirt. hahahahaha

I missed out the first 2 sets of WD Final, but I would not never regret such wonderful moment.

If you want to see the pictures, I will upload it for you. Nevertheless, I am very tired now, and will upload the pictures of these prizes tomorrow.

Good night.

#1 clawhammers, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Oh my God.... You are so lucky bro... Really regret of not joining with you for the final, i went to badminton session & family matter instead... This is once in a lifetime opportunity...

Glad that you enjoy what you are spending on, this is very important...

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ah, nice story. You're one lucky dude. We eagerly await the pics.

4. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

WOW!!! Lucky chap!

Yes, photos please : )

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Wow, USD50 is a super-duper deal for you got! Can't wait to see the pix.

6. clawhammers

as promised yesterday, please allow me to attach the pictures for all of you :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!!

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wow, you are one lucky dude! :) Very happy for you! :)

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

That's awesome. Collector's items.

What about your pics with the man himself? We wanna see those too! :)

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah....We want pictures.......:)

10. clawhammers

sorry - but I dont feel comfy by disclosing / uploading my personal pics (face) with Taufik :D

I'd rather keep it for my personal satisfaction for the time being.

Cheers!

11. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    But, you can just blur your face then. :D

12. clawhammers

OK... I just found several pics taken by Djarum's organizers during the auctions :D

Taufik signed the shirt for me :D

[​IMG]

This was the other shirt auctioned by Taufik

[​IMG]

Taufik signed SHB 65FT JP

[​IMG]

Auction of SHB85 LTD Black Red

[​IMG]

1 of the winner of Taufik's Arcsaber 10

[​IMG]

Enjoy guys !! :)