shuttles used in Australia

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by pockus, Jul 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    I agree , at the moment the dollar is good, so now is a good time to buy imports. we currently use aeroplane red and hiqua , I dont like either , and they are both around $28 per tube, I tried 2 tubes of AF700 and found them better allround so I got 50 doz in 78 speed @ $ 22 per tube. these are better than the above also better than the RSL classics we tried .
    I am going to import 50 doz D2 duck feather ( MOQ) with a veiw to resell them .
    I had a tube sent to me for trial and they are very good , I gave them to players from different clubs to try, all praised there reformance and durability ( under $20 per tube).
    I have a club that will buy the 50 dozen of me , but will take less if anyone would like to buy a few tubes to try

2. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    i suggest you compare the quality of aeroplane green with AF700, $22 per dozen from www.shoppingmore.com.au if you buy >50 dozens

3. bennychenxm

bennychenxm Regular Member

sales
    if you buy in bulk, can try to find some tournament grade goose shuttlecock from China.

4. sportz24_7

sportz24_7 New Member

home
    Hi Know this guys that sell RSL Classic for $23AUD, PM me if you want to know who

5. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    I heard its AS-50 yonex shuttles have been stored for many years. They have become very brittle and the colour has been a little bit yellow.

The quality of any shuttlecocks would become worse and worse if they have been stored longer and longer because they would become very dry, lighter and thus brittle.

6. Cheass

Cheass Regular Member

Accountant
    i've recently received an email that an Australian supplier is selling green aeroplane at around $18 per doz...PM me if you are interested...

7. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Price is $18, or even $14? How about quality?

Aeroplane green label shuttlecocks are very popular in Sydney. But there are some fake, Chinese domestic use quality and very old stock in the market. Their prices are very cheap, but they are not lasting.

One big badminton club in Castle Hill, Sydney purchased 500 dozens of Aeroplane green label via a guy called Ken. Those shuttlecocks are very brittle and slow. They used about 6 – 7 shuttles per game. Even they steam each shuttle, they still need 3 – 4 shuttle for a game. The worst thing is the shuttle is very slow and the players need to exercise excessive power to hit it. This would harm your arm, wrist, shoulder or back. I have to stop playing there. One committee told me the price of shuttle is only A$14 per dozen.

8. Cheass

Cheass Regular Member

Accountant
    I agree that it is difficult to know whether you are getting the real deal. I think if you try small quantities over a period of time, eventually you can build up the trust! Anyway i know that one of the club associated with SBA has purchased from them and its performance is that of green label aeroplane shuttlecocks.

9. topgame999

topgame999 New Member

Rsl Classic

Hi,

I like to know who is selling for $23 and where is the location..

Thanks..

10. jaiyen

jaiyen Regular Member

Student
    ive played with AS-50, trust me after you play with them you start to complain about all other shuttles :rolleyes: wouldn't mind trying out F90 if anyone knows were to get them other then shuttle house..

11. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    The price of Aeroplane Green has been dropped to A$18 this year in Australia. i think it is good, mainly due to our strong $A currency.

12. 450450

450450 Regular Member

So far using RSL Tourney 1 and Ashaway Black. Looking to try Victor Green or Aeroplane Green. Any feedback much appreciated.

13. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    I always believe Aeroplane shuttlecocks are value for money especially in terms of quality, durability and consistency. The ratil price was dropped due to our strong currency. Now is the best time to try it. Yonex is good but expensive.

14. pinklotus

pinklotus Regular Member

Our club uses RCL shuttles. We had tried RSL silver feather Tourney, Yang yang tactic 300b, sealion c110. Sealions were good but were unavailable now we using RCL shuttle.s They seem to be a little bit fast but would last on average about 1.5 31 pt doubles rally point games.

15. tommy

tommy Regular Member

clerk
    You can get RCL shuttles in Australia? Where and how to get it? I got a friend in Australia interested but I didn't know you can get them in Australia.

16. pinklotus

pinklotus Regular Member

our club uses RCL No.1 only. ....if you want some i'll ask the organiser where he gets it from. How many is he after anyway? is he after a few tubes or regular x / week?

17. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

anyone know if it's possible to buy shuttlecocks from overseas and get it delivered via air mail? since they are made from feathers, it might not be able to enter australia. anyone know?

18. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    shuttlecocks in australia

it depends on how many dozens that you want to buy, if you buy bulk, air mail is impossible as they are quite bulky. if you buy small qty, it may be cheaper to buy it from local retailer eg www.shoppingmore.com.au check the price first, the price is very competitive in Australia this year as a result of our strong Australian currency at the moment. Local delivery will always be cheaper.

19. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

Part time online badminton products seller
    which part of Aus he is in?
    coz i do sell RCL shuttles to overseas too...
    recommended RCL Titanium or No.1...
    If interested pls do PM me ;)

that shud not be a prob as we do send lotsa times already...
    my advise is to send thru sea instead of airmail as it is cheaper a lot...
    takes ard 1-2 months...

#159 kkwm83, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  20. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

what would you guys recommend for club play? standard ranges from beginners to intermediate.
    Victor Green or Aeroplane Green?
    prices are only a few cents different, i can get both for around ~$20/tube