shuttles used in Australia

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by pockus, Jul 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    what is the cheapest price to buy Aeroplane Black and Green in Sydney? and how much?

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
  3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    ARROW shuttlecocks are from yonex and they are worse than AS10. Don't bother with those.

4. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

AH...

thanks heaps Phandrew

5. fuped

fuped New Member

IT Lecturer
    Yonex Mavis 500

Can some tell me where I can get Yonex Mavis 500 shuttlecocks cheap.
    I live in Adelaide SA Australia?

6. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Actually, Arrow shuttlecocks are not Yonex (Japan) products. This brand belongs to a company named Yonex (Australia) Pty Ltd in Sydney. Yonex (Australia) does not have any relationship with Yonex Japan. Somebody told me that Yonex (Australia) was Yonex Japan's distributor more than 10 years ago.

Our club got 2 dozens sample of Arrow shuttles one year ago, but they broke after few shots. Nobody wanted to use them. The club just threw them away.

7. Jyaki

Jyaki Regular Member

Student
    Are there any reputable stores in Melbourne (prefer south east area) that have Aeroplane, RSL etc. at reasonable price?

8. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    please check shoppingmore at the website www.shoppingmore.com.au for aeroplane shuttlecocks at reasonable price. they deliver to Melbourne

9. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    whats good

hi anyone have opinions on these shuttles, CANNARY, VICTOR,SOSAN, JINBAIO,RSL, SNOW PEAK , SEALION, HIQUA ,what's good value here and should i look at importing.
    is anyone using duck , are they any good compaired to goose

10. krisss

krisss Regular Member

The quality of duck depends. Goose are better , but a good standard of duck feathers are not far out.

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Badminton: Goose feathers fly better than duck

IMHO, goose feathers fly better than duck.
    But please let us know if there are some good duck feathers found.

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    This is not true. Both goose and duck feathers are equally good. You can find grade A goose feathers inferior to grade A duck feathers. The only difference between the two at the highest quality level is durability after repeated smashes, in which case goose is better.
    The feathers business is more complicated than we are led to believe. All feathers, both goose and duck, are first sorted into 3 sizes, large, medium, and small. Size is not a reflection of quality. In fact the large size goose feathers are used to make low quality goose shuttles because of their poor weight to lift index. The feathers are then graded into four quality grades. Finally, each grade class is then further classified into "bend" (shaft) categories. Here there is a contradiction. The high-lift feathers usually do not have very straight shafts because their feathers need to be less than symmetrical for lift.

13. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Taneepak thankyou!

I believe their was a few youtube clips on the process of making shuttlecocks.

It should be in the first few pages of the video sharing section.

I will try to find it and post the thread a bit later :).

14. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    has anyone tried AOANKANG RED shuttles, or YANG YANG 300 B shuttles

15. jckuo

jckuo Regular Member

Businessman
    Speed and Storage would affect the quality of shuttles

It is better to buy shuttlecocks from reliable sources. Buying from website or ebay is risky unless the seller has been established for many years with good reputation and has basic knowledge about shuttlecocks. Some sellers have no idea about the speed of shuttles and even do not know how to store them. They may import 10 cartons (500 tubes) of one certain speed of shuttles and are selling them for more than one year. They do not know the quality of shuttles would deteriorate if they have been stored too long or have been stored in hotter or drier areas. They may sell the wrong speed of shuttles to you. For example, a website seller based in Sydney may only have speed 77 of shuttles, but still sell them to cold areas such as Melbourne in winter. Those people bought them would think the quality of that brand and grade of shuttles is no good, but do not understand the problem is caused by the wrong speed.

Many players do not understand the importance of correct speed required in their area. They often used the wrong speed and then said the shuttles are too fast or too slow, thus they are no good. Shuttles used at wrong speed also adversely affect their durability. The players may miss the timing or need to use excessive power so as to damage the feathers easily. If they are too slow, you need to exercise excessive power to hit them and may damage your arm, shoulder, wrist or waist in the long run.

Some shuttlecock retailers have no idea of speed, either. They may only stock one speed of shuttles or even import the shuttles with different speed in different batch. In small islands such as Hong Kong, Singapore or Taiwan; one correct speed for that area should be OK. In China and Australia, the country is so big and the sellers must stock different speed of shuttles if they want to sell them in the whole country.

Some shuttle sellers just do not care whether the speed is correct. They only stock one speed in order to save their running cost and sell them to anyone who wants cheaper price of shuttles. Some even do not have any knowledge about shuttlecocks and try to sell them by internet marketing via advertisement in media. If someone is only carrying few kinds of shuttles as well as sell other goods not related to badminton in his/her website, do not purchase from them because probably the shuttles may have wrong speed and/or have been stored too long.

It is better to buy shuttlecocks from the sellers who are marketing the broad range of badminton products such as www.calibreaustralia.com.

16. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    retail price for aeroplane black EG1130 is about $28 per dozen and $25 for aeroplane Green G1130, please visit www.shoppingmore.com.au for details.

17. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    shuttles???

Has anyone herd a story that if you import a tube of shuttles to test them that they can pick the best ones to put in a tube ??

18. valmetf4

valmetf4 Regular Member

forrest worker
    aeroplanes ,no good

we are using aeroplane red and they are poor quality , we are having the corks fall of after a smash in some cases , we play 12 games a night and use about 18 birds.
    I think they are over rated and to expensive at $28 .
    I brought 50 dozen AF700 from Melbourne @ $22 doz and found them to be better than aeroplane red.
    I was supplied a tube of Duck feathers , found them excellent and gave a few away to other clubs , good flight and durability. The problemwith these is with no Aussie importer I would have to buy them in 50 dozen at a time If anyone would be interested in buying any , maybe we could share the cost, or after christmas I may order to resell , hope to seel them arround $ 18 a doz

19. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    if you are frustrated with aeroplane red, have you tried aeroplane Black eg1130 before? they are about $28 per dozen in Sydney. www.shoppingmore.com.au

20. vw1668

vw1668 Regular Member

Accountant
    exchange rate fluctuation is a risk to small business i.e. shuttlecocks in Australia because the market is too small - it is wise to buy at wholesale price i,e >50 dozens for badminton clubs,