Shuttler Taufik rules in Singapore

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by ants, Jul 3, 2005.

1. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

i m sure Taufik is not that cocky too, i read a few days ago in a local newspaper. his comment after beating Lin Dan.....
    " I can't believe i beat LinDan that easy.....i m not sure wheter he play not in his form or i play better than him....i want to meet him again in WC "

2. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Taufik is not cocky this time.... and I think he himself was also surprised a little bit when he beat Lindan so easily. it was lindan who didnot play up to par:)

3. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

i think taufik has changed a lot.. he has became more patient in his games...

4. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    I pretty much agree :)

5. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    It is a misrepresentation from the author my friend.... The author had it wrong

The actual quotation from http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=10&ItemID=1818 says...

"You can say that I'm 70% ready for Los Angeles." said Taufik.

Anyway... Taufik is a nice guy... he even sign my friend's T-shirt during warm up before a game lol~

#25 Simp84, Jul 5, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  6. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

Also a playboy

Also, Taufik is a playboy, hehehe ...

7. legendarycroc

legendarycroc Regular Member

school
    hey, question:
    What racket does taufik use anyways? It looks abit like at700, but not completely.

i found it hard to believe that taufik beat lin dan so badly on the second set.

8. butterflyk

butterflyk Regular Member

There is a fine line between admiration and obsession. I wonder what you'd come up with had Taufik been the loser.

9. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Yes Taufik use AT700!

Lin Dan beat Taufik in China because it was Taufik's 1st appearance on court in half a year... and if u look back then... Lin Dan just beat Taufik and never had control of the game
    This time Taufik made no mistake and had Lin Dan panic... and then he got beaten badly 2nd set due to mistakes all the way.... same goes for Chen Hong

10. legendarycroc

school
    half a year away from the court?
    Sounds a bit coky dont you think? Only some guy that thinks he can't be beaten will do such a thing...

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Don't you guys get it? It's all psycological. He's toying with the minds of all the other players to create an aura of invincibility. To start of with, he's very self confident and isn't shy to show it. He's already got an edge before he even steps onto the court.

Look at some of the top sports personalities in the world; Mike Tyson in his prime–he had his opponents so psyched out before each bout, all he had to do was say "Boo". From a team point of view, the Australian cricket team–tough as nails mentally. They will sledge any team to oblivion. Why do you think they've been #1 for the last 20 years?

Taufik's just another of that same example, except in our sport. He's a "modern" player who is using not just physical skills but mental/ psychological/gamesmanship, both on and off the court. Call him cocky, arrogant or whatever. Taufik walks the walk and talks the talk. He's entitled to it. He's not there to win tournamnets, not friends... period.

12. ploppers

ploppers Regular Member

I agree. THis is why there is tremendous pressure on Lin Dan's shoulder as he is the favorite to win. ALso, Chen Hong is known to have very bad mentality and when he plays bad, it's really bad :( However, you can also see that Peter Gade, who's mentality is better than Chen's (Much improved from before) and who does not have the presure as the favorite, created a better result vs taufik.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

again, the "ranked" player(s) list is my personal opinion, and it's based *if* they are "in-form"(ie. physically ready/healthy or not, playing with pressure or not, ready mentally or not etc.)...if taufik had lost, my guess would be most likely because he wasn't 100% physically ready, he overlooked or didn't take his opponent seriously..

as i see it, the SF match between Taufik and LinDan in the recent SO have both players quite/pretty healthy, no "pressure" and playing in a neutral court=>"in-form"..and yet, taufik was able to be more concentrated in the game and thus won in straight sets...unless LinDan wasn't 100% physically ready or decided to give it less than 100% in that match(which i'm sure he didn't), i thought it was a "fair" match..

#33 ctjcad, Jul 5, 2005
  14. smash

smash Regular Member

accountant
    I'm fully agree, SO is a neutral place with at least top 4 favorite of MS is on court (Taufik, Lin, CH, Peter), with result a little bit surprising me Taufik can Beat Lin & CH easilly, all of them can beat each other in next tournament, with the highest probabilty to win is offcourse Taufik :) , then Lindan - Peter -CH...Bravo Taufik you make u'r country Proud...

#34 smash, Jul 5, 2005
  15. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Read what I wrote above.... he never said he was playing @ 70% only...
    He said he was 70% ready for LA, meaning he has more work and training to do in order to win in LA, and that is an appropriate comment

He didn't mock the player or anything... why is that cocky??

By the way there was no pressure in Singapore.. Lin Dan totally got outplayed.. everyone there saw it agreed

16. legendarycroc

school
    C'mon... he's saying 70% of ability is all that's needed to defeat all the other world-classed players, that means, if he's only 70% ready for the WC, that would mean when he beat everyone, he was only 49% of what he would be playing at in California....SOunds abit show-off-y, dont you think?

17. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    He could use 100% of his ability and still be only 70% ready for WC. Now you are mixing up with the notion of using all his ability and the notion of being ready.

By the way where did you took your 49%? Your reasoning has no sense. You are free to think that Taufik is showing-off, but I think you have a preconveived idea about him and that you don't like him that's all...

18. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

OK guys i agree that Taufik rules!He's my favoutrite too.

But i think u have got to give Lin dan a break.he's the world no.1 and he's lost just 2 matches in the whole year[and one of them includes the controversial loss to Chen in AE finals ;and the second against Taufik].So what if he had A bad day and lost??
    So what i am saying is it is too early to shout Taufik's the best[though even i wish it were that way].When Taufik's at his best[Like in the 2005 SO] he's almost Unbeatable.But how often does he play his best???There are a few things that separate Lin from Taufik.Let's hope Taufik continues to play that way and win many more titles.I just hope he carries this form into the WC.

But Taufik's the hottest!That's for sure:D

19. legendarycroc

school
    70% of 70% is 49%...
    theres being two statements
    he's using 70% of ability, and he's 70% ready, whether is right, Im too sure, Im leaning to 70% of ability... I simply combined the 2 and got my result..

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Should we rename you TaU_fAn?:)

Anyway, it's not just about him and Lin Dan although Lin Dan is the guy currently expected to win. Every singles player is getting a taste of how a one can use his professionalism to its fullest. Taufik, like most Indo players are tough!