Show us your badminton racquets!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bigredlemon, Feb 14, 2004.

1. ojayz

ojayz Regular Member

Academic
    KP, CP, and IP Code AT700 old color… that’s a solid collection ;)

Xuyang Liu likes this.
  2. Xuyang Liu

Xuyang Liu New Member

It's extremely difficult to find brand new national team sponsored edition first gen AT700 (old color) in the market. Even you find it, I would say that the price will be a very big number, I used to see on ebay two months ago that a JP edition old color AT700 priced at $7000, and it's been sold, that's just a normal commercial JP version, although we know that JP version could be the best commercial edition that we can buy from Yonex dealer (But this hasn't be substantiated by the actually proof), So, you can imagine that how much it will be priced for the KP, CP or IP version.

3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Bent vt80  smaller.jpg voltrik lite  vt80  astrox 100zz  smaller.jpg nanoflare 170 light  victor junior Arc 11 pro  custom racquet  smaller.jpg Nanoflare 800lt  nanospeed 9900 nanoray 800 smol.jpg

These are some of my racquets from top to bottom;

VT80 3ug4. The eagle eyed ones of you will notice that the frame is not the correct shape. Came out of the factory like that and I didn't notice for the longest time. 2nd Racquet I had ever bought. To clarify, top right or top left of the frame is not the correct shape. You might be able to see the strings are not square on, but a bit diagonal.

Same VT80

Astrox 100ZZ 3ug4. I only use it for singles, it's not good for my shoulder

Voltrik Lite I think it's 3ug4. Bought to see if cheaper ones were any good. I use it as a spare if people forget a racquet.

Victor Junior Racquet - Bought it for my Niece to use. Not shown much interest yet, but she was only 3 and a bit at the time. She's 4 now.

Nanoflare 170 Lite - Same reason as the voltrik lite

Custom racquet - Someone's relative started their own racquet company. I bought a racquet and while it was as specified, the cap at the bottom makes a rattling sound and I don't use it anymore. The company also don't exist any more as far as I can tell

Arcsaber 11 Pro 3ug4 (I think uk get g5 later on in the year) - I had never tried an even balance racquet and bought this to see if I liked it. It's "ok", but it didn't wow me right away.

Now for the racquets I have used the most;

Nanoray 800 3ug4 Black / white scheme - I like everything about this racquet. Very fast in defense, very easy to use for me. Only downside is that it could use a bit more weight in the head

Nanoray 800 3ug4 poinsetta red scheme - my first nanoray 800 strings broke during a league match, so I looked online for a spare. Luckilly I found this on Ebay and it was actually in better condition than mine (someone's spare). I was a happy bunny when I found it.

Nanospeed 9900 Not sure the U, but it'd a G3 size. During my first 5 years of playing, I convinced myself that my smashes were weak because I needed a larger size grip on my racquet and that is why I bought it. It's a very good racquet, you can get really accurate and deceptive drops with it. I don't use it often because I think it's a bit tooo big.

Nanoflare 800Lt 5ug5. This racquet is an actual beast. Has a thin shaft, smaller head like they did in the VT Zforce2 and it feels great to play with when you can hit the smaller sweet spot. The big downside is that it ruined my elbow and now I am hoping physio fixes it.

Not pictured -

Today the Nanoray iSpeed 3ug4 I ordered arrived. I had been eyeing it up for some months now and got to try someones Z-Speed a few weeks ago. A nanoray racquet that is head heavy is a weird combination. This let me know that I disliked the Zspeed, and I am looking forward to trying out the iSpeed tonight. Already did some practice swings in my office and a backhand shot seemed to go the full length of a court :D

My first racquet was an armortec 150. I really liked that racquet, but had to get rid of it after many years because it got a crack in the frame. I don't know if it ever even needed restringing. It just lasted forever (bg65Ti) (and I was only playing maybe once a week with it at the time).

4. badliker

badliker Regular Member

Some random forza racket, first one I've ever bought myself. For what it is, it's a decent racket, feels kinda slow.

Voltric 80 PG - Beautiful racket, feels very headheavy, but not super slow.

N90 II - I do not like this racket at all. Too heavy, too stiff, too slow. The only racket i've ever gotten elbow pain playing with.

Bravesword 12 - Very easy to use, feels very light, easy to control. It's also possible to get some hard hitting smashes in with it.

Duora 10 LCW - I've tried my friends' normal Duora 10, and for some reason mine feels very very headlight? It's nice to play with, especially if you like being at the front in doubles.

Voltric LD-force - It does have a nice feeling to it, when you're doing half smashes. But that's about it, it's very flex.

Nanoray 900 - I just can't play with this one. I have trouble generating power, but it is nice to be in the defense with it

Voltric Z-force II - I have 5 of the black ones. 4 of them feels the same way, swift, fast, not too headheavy but still a lot of power. 1 of them (pink strings) I still use from time to time, and it's a lot more headheavy, and feels like a total different racket. They are all 4u though. The one with pink strings has so much power in it, and when you learn to manage that, it feels amazing to use.

Voltric Z-force II LD - When you hold it, you can just feel that this one is going to be nice to play with. It has a bit of everything, was my main racket for some years.

Voltric Z-force II LCW - Two very different rackets. Yellow strings reminds me of the LD version, while the pink strings is sooooo heavy. I've never felt anything as headheavy. It's demanding and punishes you if your technique isn't almost perfect, but when you get it right, it's so satisfying playing with.

Nanoray Z-speed - Swift, powerful, nice control. My current racket of choice (together with the Axforce 80). I'm normally not much for towel grip, but with the Z-speed, it just feels right

Axforce 80 - When I first got this racket, I could not hit a backhand clear if my life depended on it - which was weird, as my backhand is my trademark shot. But i've learned to play with it now, very all-round racket.

Turbocharging 75 - I would say, that it's the best racket I've tried. I'm very picky, and very often switches rackets (which is why I have a lot), but with the TC75, I've never felt like I needed to change. Fast, powerful and a nice feeling - what more could you ask for?

Aeronaut 9000c - It feels like the TC75, but with more power and a bit more flex to it. Great racket!

Duora Z-Strike - A toned down Z-force II. Not bad at all, but I prefer Z-force II any day.

#1884 badliker, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    Edmund96 and visor like this.
  5. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Just got this bad boy from BRR. Jnice black panther 4U
    Haven’t had the chance to use it yet as im busy with a family gathering but used it against the wall for an good half hour and it was lovely. Testing it out finally tomorrow at the club.

Attached Files:

6. daisy92

daisy92 New Member

Yonex hold the majority of the market and make good rackets. Carlton don't hold as much of the market, but their mid-range rackets are very good quality and have higher max tensions than most of the Yonex top end.
    I've only ever played with a very cheap Dunlop racket so I can't vouch for their range, but I haven't really heard of them making quality rackets.

7. cerberus1846

cerberus1846 Regular Member

8. Glacier5000

Glacier5000 Regular Member

My "rarest" racquet.

Attached Files:

9. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Carlton used to be one of the top brands in Europe but since being taken over by SportsDirect along with Dunlop, they are no longer seen as a top badminton brand.

10. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist

Yeah I remember everyone in the UK using Carlton and sponsored by them growing up.

Dave1011 likes this.
  11. papersword

papersword Regular Member

From left:
    Victor Jetspeed S10 Blue
    Victor Jetspeed S10 Black Gold
    Victor Star Wars
    Yonex Voltric 80 PG
    Yonex Voltric 80 Limited Edition
    racket 2.jpg

12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I'm back using Victor's

20230526_115316_copy_1107x700.jpg

Left to right
    Auraspeed 70k
    Meteor 80N
    Bravesword 12
    Bravesword 12L
    Bravesword 12SE
    2x Jetspeed 12ii
    Jetspeed 10C
    Jetspeed 10
    2x Drive 9x
    2x Thruster 1H (another being strung)
    2x Thruster Legend

Almost all 4u, a couple of 3u left.

Still got some Adidas Wucht and Uberschall in my bag too.

I'm selling the Meteor and Drive 9x but looking for more BS12 4u of any type (BS12/BS12N/BS12L/BS12SE) and maybe BS LHI in 4u.

gafoorgib, Sundis, pootisfoib and 3 others like this.
  13. gimmeracquet

gimmeracquet Regular Member

Edited: see post #1910 for updated content

#1893 gimmeracquet, Jun 14, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    what07 and Dave1011 like this.
  14. what07

what07 Regular Member

Was changing the bedsheets so decided to use the chance to take some pics:

20220523_211651.jpg
    Rackets kept to Collect:
    *Left to Right*
    Auraspeed Cai Yun 3U
    Auraspeed Project Black 4U
    Auraspeed 90F 4U
    Auraspeed Hyerpsonic 4U
    Jetspeed 12ii 3U

309701388_3100006560221820_4808899422022542136_n.jpg
    3x Jetspeed 10C 3U (strung)
    2x Jetspeed 10C 3U (unstrung)
    3x Jetspeed 10C 4U (unstrung)

20230603_230524.jpg
    1x Bravesword 12SE 3U
    3x Bravesword 12SE 4U

Not shown: 4x ARS-PB 4U, 3x JS-12ii 3U, 2x JS-10C 4U, 1x BS12SE 3U, 3x BS12SE 4U

Woesi, gafoorgib and Dave1011 like this.
  15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Awesome collection, we have very similar taste in rackets.
    I've not tried the ARS-CY or ARS-PB though so will have to look out for them.

what07 and gafoorgib like this.
  16. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I was going to say. You have a rival for Victor collection now on your hand!

what07 and Dave1011 like this.
  17. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I cannot compete with @what07 unfortunately :D

what07 likes this.
  18. what07

what07 Regular Member

I was suppose to stop at JS12ii but... they just magically kept coming.

Dave1011 likes this.
  19. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Likewise, i was very happy with JS12ii but when I saw BS12SE, JS10C, TK Legend & TK 1H I couldn't help myself!
    Obviously I need at least 2 of each too :p

#1899 Dave1011, Jun 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    what07 likes this.
  20. Dejohnii

Dejohnii New Member

How many racquets fit in your tournament bag?