Should we allow automatic qualification for defending champions?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2014' started by galaxyduo, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Tybalt

Tybalt Regular Member

Absolutely. In fact, I think the whole "YOU'RE JUST SAYING THAT CUZ HE'S LIN DAN GRRR" line is actually repeated ironically more by people whose own personal biases against Lin Dan are affecting their objectivity.

2. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

its held in denmark. morten frost doesnt want lin dan to win at his country:D if this is tennis, lin dan would of gotten a wc months ahead. bwf is becoming like ittf, always trying to prevent china from winning.:D

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Seems you know your stuff in trying to troll.

Can quote one of your previous posts from another thread....it contains some good advice.

4. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

After seeing the winner of the MS finals, I'm happy for Chen Long as he is making a name for himself and trying to come out of the shadows of LD. But somehow in the back of my mind, I think Chen Long is the second in the pecking order for China. As much as I am happy for Chen Long's win, it would have been even nicer if Chen Long would have beaten LD (or LD got beaten by somebody else in this tournament) for Chen Long's win to be really meaningful.

I know many people in China right now will remember Chen Long's win as the tournament where LD was absent.

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

If LCW had won it, it would have been worse for you not being meaningful folk, but China won and look at it this way if Chen long had met LD in the final or semi nobody would have trusted that result either way, anyway and we all would still being saying things, so kinda equalises all this chat.
    Chen Long in the final at times played as good as anyone has played, good for him and congrats, amazing badminton to watch and a true champion:p

6. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Exactly. This time, in Denmark, few Chinese fans, no LD, no 3 games with DPY, no LYB sitting on the other side, no air-conditioning... I don't know what else people would still come up with.