Should the president and executive committee of the BWF be fired?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by galaxyduo, Aug 1, 2012.

1. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I'm really disappointed with the BWF. This blowup leading to 8 WD players disqualified was inevitable and the BWF should have seen it coming. The BWF is partially responsible because:

1) They did not extensively test the round-robin format for an individual player tournament. Every Super Series uses the knockout format - why test this round-robin format at the grandest stage of badminton with the most viewers? Besides, the BWF already knows that the round-robin format for team tournaments (ie. Thomas and Uber cup) has been abused in the past. Even FIFA is smart enough to test new rules/regulations to football at various lower profile tournaments before implementing it at the World Cup (ie. the Golden Goal rule).

2) They did NOTHING about walkovers and abuse prior to the Olympics. Even with this round-robin format, if the BWF had clamped down HARD in the tournaments leading up to the Olympics, the national teams would have thought twice before pulling a stunt like this. Instead, the BWF did NOTHING and sent a clear message to the national teams that you can get away with abusing the tournament rules.

I think the President of the BWF, Kang Young-Joong, and the entire executive committee deserve to be fired and replaced. They have done unimaginable harm to the sport of badminton.

What about the rest of you? Do you think the President of the BWF and the executive committee should be replaced?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Be fired or not, I am not sure. But if they do have guts, they should admit their share of the mistake, and make a public apology.

But in reality, how many times you see the boss willing to go under the bus, before all the "lil guys" being thrown under.

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

The answer here is obviously YES. However, the question is who to fire them? The president fires the executive committee and in return the executive committee fires the president??? Must well just dissolve BWF and start a new governance body as it is no longer functioning at its full capacity due to the scandal. Who would give BWF the respect it needs to promote the sports.

4. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Like I said right up from the beginning the officials have to take responsibility for this disaster.

BTW: Where is the players spokesman? There is a big need for taking a stand in this case.