Shoes for narrow feet

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Swat, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Looking for narrower shoes than my current Yonex. It’s the Comfort Z (regular, not the wide model). Get’s me blisters under my feet, no matter how hard I tie them, my feet moves around a little.

How about other Yonex or Victor models?

2. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    Depend on what kind of shoes you meed mate. Yonex has aerus and eclipsion for narrow feet, Aerus is specialized in lightness and speed, not so much on the lateral support. I think Eclipsion is the otherwise for Aerus (Need confirmation on this, as I never try Eclipsion series).

As for Victor, check A960, A950, A922, P9200 and P9300. These shoes are all has V toe and suited for narrow feet. If you need extra cushioning, you can opt to P-series since they known as support type shoes.

3. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Awesome, thanks! I’ll check these out.
    Not sure if I need som much support, as I never have twisted my ankles on the court. Some cushioning is nice though.

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I just got my Adidas Wucht P7.1 shoes. I didn't really get to try them on court yet, but they fit very nicely and I feel like I will not even slip on then when I don't lie them properly/at all.

I thought they fit shorter than the other Adidas shoe, but now I'm pretty sure that's just the shape of the toe box. If you get the chance, try them!

Edit:
    I did go through some shoes on the past, none of them fit that close to my feet.

Swat likes this.
  5. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Did get to use them a bit now. While they're probably not made for narrow feet, I am not slipping. I left out the upmost hole for the laces today. It felt a little uncomfortable yesterday. It was fine, but I'll probably use a lock down lacing in the midfoot area and then just tie it loosely more upwards and in the forefoot area. I always take some time to find the best way for me to lace and tie new shoes. Maybe that's something that can help you with other shoes?

6. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Aerus 3 with a replacement (slightly thicker) insole was near perfect for me fit wise and I have slightly narrow size 9 feet. Stock insole is fine too but its quiet a thin insole and doesn't offer a lot of cushioning so in trying an insole from my old Yonex 87LTD which had an extra layer of felt/foam on top the fit and comfort became ideal.

Only downside is the support is just moderate compared to some other badminton shoes I'd imagine. But for its comfort, lightness and fit it's excellent now. My foot never slips in it.

If they release an Aerus 4 with the same fit as the 3 but slightly better cushioning and support it will be the perfect shoe for normal-narrow feet.