share your thought, experience and opinion on MO 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by limsy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the line judge this year is not so good if compare to earlier edition...

2. george@chongwei

the seating system were sucks from what i experienced.

I remember i saw the premium seat already full with spectators 1/2 hour before the matches start. And i also saw many fans who are late need to stand behind there near the entrance door because there are no more places available. Perhaps axxcess sells their ticket without knowing their quota?:(

i really hope this wont be happening during the thomas/uber cup:mad:

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No, i dont think axxcess over sold, its because those seats in L7, L8 even L9 are still empty..........just every one wanted to squeeze into L6 and L5....:D:D

4. george@chongwei

It's full, men..just look at the pictures. i also recalled i saw a white paper pasted near the ticketing counter stated 'Premium seat SOLD OUT' ;)

Attached Files:

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Trip highlights

1. I saw YY in a skirt for the first time, on her way from the hotel to the Mines Shopping mall. She cuts a lovely, slim figure, with curves in the right places. I would imagine some of you guys would have swooned or be sleepless with excitement for a while, just imagining the sight.

2. Du Jing seemed to be always on the phone in some discussion.

3. ZN looks prettier now as a coach than when she was a player.

4. Chai Biao is so tall. He's two heads above me and reminds me of Avataar in the movie in the way he carries himself. CB/ZN likely to be the MD to watch this year.

5. WL has quite a following among the MAS fans. She is a good sport, showing calm after her loss to Eriko and waiting for her so they could leave the court together.

6. But Eriko is more popular among the MAS fans. It was a delight to see her progress as I enjoy watching her unique 'stretch-to-serve' ritual.

7. Petya has it to challenge strong WS but she will have to lose some kilos first.

8. The match of the MO10 has to be the HTH/OSH vs LYD/JJS MD match.Full credit should be given to the MAS MD, nothing to do with the exhaustion of the KOR MD. HTH/OSH did thorough homework; this showed in their continued confidence even after losing G1. It's also the first time I've seen the MD with excellent defence, rather than attack, controlling the match. Many of the rallies went on for 2 minutes, with MAS defence fending off futile KOR attacks, making KOR MD feel like puppets on a string.
    The next round, HTH/OSH lost closely to JPN MD. HTH/OSH should be the No.2 MAS MD pair , based on their body language; the air of confidence supported by excellent skills.They are a better bet than Fuzzy for the TC.But like Petya, they could do with losing a couple of kilos if they want to go far in a tournament.
    What HTH/OSH has proven is they can beat a top pair, with superb homework done but lose to lesser skilled MD, with little homework done. That's the key to the difference between a win and a loss for a MAS MD. The amount of homework done. Because it determines the level of confidence going into a match.

9. The MAS fans are never a safety net for MAS players. They can help their players lose when the MAS player don't lead most of the time. Unlike JIAYU fans who rally behind CHN when trailing, MAS fans murmur worrying whispers when MAS is trailing. Tha's why home ground is not such an obvious advantage for MAS players like it is for CHN players in China. When MAS fans are frantic with 'Boleh' it means MAS is winning; when CHN fans are frantic with 'Jiayu', it means CHN is trailing.
    Give me a CHN fan anytime. MAS fans are scary. They desert their players when they are needed most but are there and loud for winning points.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Players to watch

MAS : WS Yang Lilian, MS ZZ
    JPN : MD KK, MS Yamada
    INA : WS Lindaweni
    KOR : All the 4 young WS esp Sung
    THA : tanongsak, still a work in progress
    TPE : XD CCC/CHL and the rookie WS Tse?
    CHN : MD CB/ZN
    FRA : WD Weny/Choinet,MS Brice and MD
    SWI : both WS (and MS?)

Most improved player : CCC of TPE's XD

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Aiya...Of course, we malaysians only embraced the winners and chuck out the loosers, we would jump on the bandwagon and share the goodies when we are winning and cabut in a blink as if the wagon is infested with fleas...hahaha!!!:p:D

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Up to the early 90s, Malaysia nsupported it's players the same way as China now. Of course, that time, the expectation to win was not always there.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Chai Biao is the identical (physical-wise) replacement for Xie Zhong Bo.
    - Hard to judge for the MAS pair, if this was their 1st head to head meeting ever. Personally, i've to see the result of their 2nd head to head meeting, should they face each other again, to better judge the young MAS pair.
    I'd say exhaustion probably is not the reason for JJS & LYD's defeat, rather it was LYD's injury; see LYD's thread in the Professional Players sub-forum for his news (after all, LYD W/O, the next day, in his XD match).
    - Thanks for that tidbit of sharing. Hope to finally meet you and Jen, again, in May (T&UC).:cool:

#29 ctjcad, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I remembered things from '67. Notable events are easier to remember, of course. Such as Svend Pri breaking Rudy Hartono's run in AE and Prakash Padukone beating the crap out of Liem Swie King (in AE) and Han Jian (in World Cup). Or even the turnaround by the Chinese Team in the Thomas Cup of '82.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    :eek:
    oh my
    chris
    the combination of hth/osh is one year older than tbh/kkk
    24+25 and 23+25;)
    are they still young to u?:p

12. george@chongwei

It seems that this year u cannot have your own private commentary box upper tier in the stadium (without disturbance) :D

the place where u were seating was full of people this time if compare to last year.!:eek:
    maybe it's due to the participation of Chinese team.

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    That's an optical illusion, it wasn't even close to be called full ..... told u you are getting "old".

Actually I prefer it to be even more packed, like the great Stadium Negara days. And also for the Famemas Group to be seated closer to me.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Who they??..

- Sorry, bro, never really followed them (heard them once in a while) and don't know where they've been all this while.
    - Yes, they are still young in comparison to me. Maybe older in comparison to you..;)

15. george@chongwei

ok. my bad then. :rolleyes: Perhaps from my seating area, the view are so called 'optical illusion'. But at least it's obviously more people up there compare to last year. Agree? ;)

P/s: I'm not getting 'old'. I'm getting very very very 'old' actually. :rolleyes:;)