Seattle - looking for partner

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by nimdabew, Oct 19, 2008.

1. nimdabew

nimdabew New Member

Pilot
    Hi, I have been playing badminton since I have been a very young child and started getting competive in high school, Shore Crest High in seattle, but the school never had a team. I just played with my friend during lunch time and then went to college. At Embry-Riddle, my roommate was a badminton player and he said he was his high school state champion in minnesota in 2004/2005. I played him and gave him a good run for his money and won about 50% of the time in 2007. Haven't touched a raquet in almost three years. Now I want to get back into it since I just finally healed from knee surgery in may, I am looking for a person that is a good player, but someone that is also looking for a challenge that can play up to my level. I am a self proclaimed professional noob, but I don't know what that means on a player level. One person that would like to get together in the north seattle area around shoreline/lynnwood would be great.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello friend, welcome to the forum and have fun here!:)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCBF, nimdabew!:)..Wow, so you started playing baddy since you were very young? May i ask did you start playing here in the U.S. or overseas??..It's good though that you're re-starting playing again, eventhough you have stopped playing for the last 3 yrs.
    Sorry to hear abt your knee surgery. Hope you're 100% healthy now.
    As for your query of places or people to play with in Seattle, you can go to the Places to Play/Local Events-->USA West sub-forum/section. Plenty of local Seattle/Washington state BCers.
    Anyway, hope for the best in your baddy plan and enjoyo surfing this forum!;):cool:

4. nimdabew

nimdabew New Member

Pilot
    When I say I have been playing since I was very young, its more along the lines of backyard playing at the age of 4-5. I still want to find a steady partner that will be able to keep up, or be better than me. I get really competitive and tend to get back into the swing of things really fast.

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Welcome to the forum