SEA Games Results: Day 5

Discussion in '2005 South East Asian Games - Badminton' started by tutu_h, Dec 2, 2005.

1. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    just got back from the games, its all indonesia in the finals except for the ladies, LCW lost, Hafiz lost b'cuz i asked him what went wrong he said he has a stomach problem:D the whole day thats why all his shots were weak i think he's dehydrated, he could have given sony a good match, anyway KKK/CCM also lost, the malaysia cheering squad was late, they came right after LCW's game against santoso.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow..is this a first in a long time??..

... :confused: :eek: :cool:
    i haven't read all the posts in this thread, but wow, what a performance. IMO, the results were not really a surprise to me, to see Indonesia having at least 3 player/pair playing in the Final in 3 of the fields(MS, MD, XD). Surprise to see Simon overcome LCW in 2 gritty sets..
    But the surprises were WS(i think as of right now, with this successful performance, Adrianti seemed to have the upper hand as Indo's #1 WS going into next year's UC) and WD(again Jo/Gresyia proved one more time that they are truly Indo's #1 WD pair). Adrianti performance against Salakjit(who is very2 good and by no means an easy opponent) is something she can build upon and give her confidence for next year's tourneys. But if all said and done, and *if* they can capture Golds in *all* the fields, which is possible, then at least they went there with half-the-success and come back not empty handed..But i'll take winning 3 golds which is very nice also.. :)
    Wish if the could've gotten a gold in the Men's Team event. But i think some of the less experienced players felt some pressure during the Finals..

BTW, i kinda like Hafiz "reason/excuse" for his straight set loss to Sony today..hehehe..;) :p

#82 ctjcad, Dec 2, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  3. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

W O W

wauuuuwww...
    what a great day... 8 out of 10 finalis... hmmm.. yummie... i think Indonesia deserve it:) .
    losing in team event but make all indonesian final in MS and MD evant is just a balance i think. without taufik so indonesian vs malaysia has 1=1 in this SEA GAME.
    and i want to congrats WS!!! you did girl!!!:D

good consestancy i see on WD, they almost always make it into SF lately.

5 golds? hehehhehe..i won't be mind:rolleyes:

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I agree. In terms of my personal ranking of the WS players, Firda tops the list, followed by Maria Kristin, and finally Fransisca Ratnasari. However, since the final order is determined by the latest February, it might change. IMHO, Firda and Maria Kristin have improved in the past few mths. Nana is on the other hand is a little bit stagnant.

The target by PBSI is three golds and the team manages to fulfil that. Its still a little disappointing though not to capture the gold in the team event, but, I would gladly exchange that for golds in the women singles and doubles :p :D

5. Pball

Pball Regular Member

have to agree, took him more than an hour to put away the vietnamese guy on day 4, and both were really winded. Before the vietnamese guy suffered a cramp, the game was really close.

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I think Hafiz's reason is valid, he's not feeling well. LCW is off-form (or maybe he's too busy "encouraging" WMC, he he, so WMC got to final instead ...) But Chan/Koo had no reason to lose to Hendra/Markis. Choong/Wong expected to not go far.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nguyen Tien Minh has really improved alot. He almost control the games but lack of stamina and concentration gave him up. He did in fact give challenge to the other top players.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As usual, Chan Chong Ming/Koo Kien Keat are very erratic. They lost to both Luluk/Alven and Markis/Hendra in the past few days. Rexy really has his work cut out for him if he's going to turn this pair into a real world class pair! In terms of consistency, Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah are better!

Besides Team Indonesia's young pairs of Markis/Hendra and Hendra/Joko, I will also closely watch the progress of Team Malaysia's more promising trios next year: Mohd Tazari/Lin; Gan/Abdul Latif; and Tan/Ong. They are the ones that will rule the men's doubles world and all are still 20-22 yo (except for Hendra Gunawan)!!

9. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Yeah, I think so. I watched the game. Hafiz was like no fight in the 2nd set. It's no reasonable to see him lost to Sony like that while had beaten him in 2 sets in the day before.