SEA Games Day 6 -- Finals

Discussion in '2005 South East Asian Games - Badminton' started by badMania, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

7-9 net smash ue AF
    9-7 deep ret in back by AF
    10-7 another crossed netting AF
    11-7 smash & netting AF

Adrianti Firdasari won 11-8 11-7

2. floorfilla

floorfilla Regular Member

Congratulations to Firda & Hendrawan!!:)

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

ALL RIGHT!!! Hendrawan must be a proud man now. Firda definitely has improved by leaps and bounds this year! Congrats....and hope she can break to the top 20 next year.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My hats off to Sandy who has done a great work all afternoon, updating the results for those of us who are not in Indo. Thanks mate!

PS: are u m/f ?? Have a hunch u are m actually :p

5. zia.ufrida

zia.ufrida Regular Member

YEs..
    Firda.. I proud of you.

And Thanks very much Sandy...

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Thanks Sandy. Congrats to INDON badminton squad with 4 golds.

We are still where we were in Vietnam, only 2 golds.

7. kemana

kemana Regular Member

wah, great job, both Adrianti and sandy!
    thanks sandy:)

8. mnda_315

mnda_315 Regular Member

yeahh.. i'm proud of u firda!!

9. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    I love Wong Pei Tty:)
    and Chin Ee Hui!!!

But Novita's game is good also!!

10. baldybodhi

baldybodhi Regular Member

Go Firda!!

Go Firda!!
    Maybe at this time she's not really close like china player but i'm sure
    next time she will be more indcredible!!
    Compare the ranking for both of them..
    Wong Mew Choo 14 and Adriyanti Firdasari 43 (des 1st 2005)
    too far..but yup!! she can make it!!:D

11. baldybodhi

Indonesia Rekapitulation

Indonesia:
    4 golds (MS, WS, MD, MX)
    5 silver (men's team, MS, MD, WD, MX)
    1 bronze (women's team)

I think is out of target (3 gold medals) so suprissing!!..:eek:

12. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Woww!!! Go Firda. You must break to top 20 next year. You are promising player for Indonesia SF in the future. You have proven that you can defeat top 20's player such as WMC, and Li Li. That is good player. I watched your performance and i'm proud of you. Thanks to Hendrawan too, I think he is a good coach, not big mouth, but proven that nothing is impossible. Once, congrat Firda! Don't forget, always keep and improve your performance.... :p

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Let's hope PBSI sends her to more big star tournaments. Then she can realize a top 20 ranking equivalent to WMC/Salakjit/Li Li combo.

Polii/Novita too, I'm impressed with the way they fought Wong/Chin. MAS pair had better technique, skills and deception, but Indon pair were damn stubborn.

Even Wong/Chin said they were quite rattled at the end of 3rd game, not able to finish off the one point from 14-8 to 14-13 when Indon clear went out. Chin even complained about stiff arm with so much smashing.

14. baldybodhi

I 100% agree with you..
    But..as usual they have a classical problems..money!!
    No sponsorship..no fund!!
    That's why Rudy Hartono said that PBSI will send their player only at least he/she/they can reach semifinals..i'm not 100% agree with that..
    I Hope what Firda and Jo/Gresya reach in this event will make their eyes and mind more opened..

15. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    There must be investment to achieve a result. Not too long ago (after Sylvia Ng era, about same era as your great Verawati) our BAM was of the same opinion as PBSI now, and the girls were confined to local tourneys. I'm surprised with Rudy Hartono's comments, these days skills alone don't win tournament, unlike in his playing days. The Chinese had reinvented the game with unlimited resources and factory-like training methods.

How do you guarantee that someone will reach semis if you don't blood them in tournaments? PBSI and BAM can only teach on [​IMG]skills, but not on match temperament. Only investing in tournaments can do that.

Take Wong/Chin, for eg. They have not won a final until today. Now that they have, they'll become better players in 2006. And when players become better, they will automatically attract sponsorship. And PBSI stand to reap rewards, but they must invest first.

16. baldybodhi

that's why we lost

Yes..i lerned about the girls in Malaysia..they run so fast..a few years ago (end up with Susi Susanti), Indo still being the best ladies in South East Asia but now..we are too far from other country like Thai, Sin And Malay..
    I'm really sure..our players still have good tehniques but they're less temperament on tournament like you said..:eek:

17. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    congrats to indonesia for a near clean sweep.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Agree with everything you wrote......uh-huh, couldn't said it better......concur......did i say agree also??... :) :) :cool:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

WOW...WOW...congrats to Indonesian team..

...for getting 4 out of 5 individual event golds....i know some of the other top players in the world didn't participate in this event, but i'll take the results anyday, even just 3 golds is very good!!..:) :cool: ..after a bit of disappointing results in the team event, that's a very good ending and finish and hopefully all the players go home with a renewed confidence and hunger for more next year..i have some ramblings from the Finals:

-NW/LN pair, well, not much competition i guess for them in this SEA Games, as they are only able to compete in the individual events. The Final was almost like a sparring session, beating AN/YT in straight sets..
    -Sony, well, he was able to retain his SEA Games MS title. But good effort by Simon in reaching the Finals, albeit WCH and LCW were probably not in form. Surprise Sony didn't have to play other top players in the Finals(LCW, MHH, BP).
    -MK/HS pair, good job also. Redeeming themselves after their disappointing show in the Team event's Final. LH/AY, well, after being a surprise last year, this year has been a struggle for them. Perhaps it's time to shake things up for them. Maybe a *temporary* switch in partnership with either MK/HS?? just to see.. :rolleyes:
    -GP/JN pair learned another good lesson in the Finals, just like they did against other pairs they've lost to, but a very good effort nonetheless...They're still quite young, so they should be able to continue to build on their experience next year..Congrats to the MAS WD pair for winning their match..Should be more meetings for both pairs in the future..:) :cool:
    -And last, Adrianti, well, what can i say...She has been a surprise this 2nd half of the year, winning and being in contention in most of the tourneys she attended..

Overall, without the presence of Taufik and esp. Candra/Sigit(in the team Finals) to "bail" them out, the rest of the team did well. Lesson learned from this week tourney : the younger pairs/players still need to be send and compete in more international, of higher stars, tourneys for exposure to build up their confidence and mental aspect of the game. IMO, win or lose in those tourneys, that is/should be PBSI's goal for next year.

Oh last, don't want to forget, but a very nice job for Sandy for doing all those typing and scoring update!..:) :cool:

#219 ctjcad, Dec 3, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  20. tweety bird

tweety bird Regular Member

defaulted games

You guys know badminton players very well. You must play very well, too. I need your help. I have been posting this question everywhere but I haven't gotten any replies yet. I need an answer asap. I hope you can help.

What score should be recorded on the official score book for games won by default? Is there any official rule on this? If yes, where can I find it?

Thanks again.