SEA Games 2007 Day 5: Individual Event R8

Discussion in 'South East Asian Games 2007 - Badminton' started by hcyong, Dec 11, 2007.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes,..i think Rexy should try out some more new combination for them....i would suggest Lin WF to partner with Hoon TH.....as Gan cant perform....:eek:

At least....Mas wont just lost a couple of good MD players like HTH, LWF,Ong Soon Hock...

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) It was Razif/Khoo in place of Mak/Lim(from BJSS). Razif/Khoo(from back-up suqad) was the one who beat Luluk/Alvent. Gan/Lin are seniors, weakest senior MD (that was bf CCM announce retirement).

2) Remember, Rashid Sidek is leading the SEA Games contigent, Razif/Khoo are in his squad. Razif/Khoo are also more senior, they should get their break after showing good performance.
    Like Huang said, he said the match with Luluk/Alvent and believes Razif/Khoo have potential to be dangerous pair.

3) Either one - Lim/Mak was injured, just recovered. Jeremy Gan said during World Junior said that if they dont well in New Zealand, they wont get to go SEA Games. They did ok there I think - they lost in SemiF to Korea, the eventual winner.

4) Chan Peng Soon/Chang might be broken up - to replace CCM & pair with Hoon TH. The new pairing will be senior no 6 pair. There goes one MD.

5) Lim Kim Wah/ Ng are 2007 World Junior champs for XD. They might be concentrating on XD for OG since Tan/Woon the only other full-time XD.
    So, there goes another MD.

6) Remember Indonesia's Lilyana/Marissa. They play both XD & WD. Doing well in both departments - WD champs in China Masters, XD well.. one is World Champ, the other SS champ for a few Open tourney. But both better results at XD, like Gao Ling too.

Of course other countries like Korea, Japan, England also have players playing both MD or WD and XD, maybe due to lack of players. They do well in one department, flop/mediocre in the other.

#102 eaglehelang, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  3. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    To eaglehelang

Dear eaglehelang,

I believe that we have potential young players to lead the squad in the future years. If BAM continues to expose the young shuttlers to the major competition, we will have many heroes and heroins who can make us proud. I believe that it is good to see 2 players in the semis as we did not send the first team.
    I will be always behind the team whether rain or shine. Without us loyal fans, the team could not succeed. We must give them our full support and commitment.
    Ayu

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I can also guarantee that! No strange WO! We refuse to sink that low [anymore]! :D In the 1970s and 80s there were terrible instances of PBSI asking people to loose matches. But not for the past 20 years... It's very unethical for an individual sport like this. Badminton is not like baseball... :mad:

If there are WOs then it had to be due to real injuries etc...

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    yea....to me GTC is the weak link...look at the past when LWF was wiv Fairuz....on their best form they can beat anyone.....they've beaten Cai/Fu like 3 times? On the other hand look at GTC and Zakry...hardly performed at all just managed to reach AE semis....

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Soon you'll overtake Hua-ge as the most widely travelled BC ambassador! :)

7. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

dear Ayu,

i notice u are an ardent supporter of the Malaysian Team. I hope u will continue to do so. U are right. I hope BAM will continue to expose the young one and give them a chance to shine.