Schedule released

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2005' started by hcyong, Mar 30, 2005.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
  2. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    wow, i wonder if there are any possibilities that malaysia can get to group 1?

#2 aiyuuw, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It was discussed a little bit in the "Draw" forum.

Moderators, how about a poll for Division 2? It is quite interesting as well.

In group 2A, against Taiwan and Russia, we can safely say Malaysia will take the MS and MD. Just one more point needed, and with Wong Mew Choo, Chin/Wong and Koo/Wong, Malaysia can take one point. A bit harder with Taiwan, because all the three ties seem 50-50.

Against Holland, the only quite-sure points are MD (to Malaysia) and WS (to Holland). Assuming Dicky win MS, Malaysia still have advantage in the WD and XD but it depends on how Holland field their players also. For instance, they can field Mia/Yao for WD and Dicky/Mia for XD. But the established pairs of Chin/Wong and Koo/Wong put the tie in Malaysia's favour. Also, the chance of Dicky winning MS is also not bright.

So, for me, topping group 2A, Malaysia 75%, Holland 15%, Taiwan 9%, Russia 1%. For second place (Holland v Taiwan), Holland wins the singles, Taiwan wins WD and XD, but who knows who will the MD.

Assuming Malaysia top Group 2A, they will meet either Singapore or Japan, who are realistically the only contenders for Group 2B. Against Singapore, Malaysia will probably take MD, the others will be a tussle, but all slightly in favour of Malaysians (based on form and previous meetings). I will say 65-33 in favour of Malaysia. Against Japan, funnily, it may be easier. Malaysia will lose the WS, but in the other events look like heavy favourites. I will say 75-25 in favour of Malaysia.

Studying Singapore v Japan, Japan are heavy favourites to take MD and WS, Singapore takes XD. Sato v Ronald (in his current form) is a toss-up. Assume Ronald wins, then it all depends on the WD, where I think Singapore has the edge.

Overall, Malaysia has a 50% chance of winning Division 2, Singapore 25%, Japan 20% and Netherlands 5%.