SCG THAILAND Open GP Gold 2015: Qualification-FINAL (29th September-4th October 2015)

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / SCG Thailand Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Ya..ya..ya... korea, 2 MS, 1 WS, 1 WD and 1 XD is it? Surprisingly there is no MD representative right?

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

You better check your MAS assesment again. Besides, the independent players 2 MD pairs, MAS has only 1 WS and 1 WD left right? CWF is out already

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

It is not MAS, it should be INA. INA has 4 MS, 1 WS, 3 MD, and 2 XD already advanced to the next round.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

SWH is facing Simon's next :) i hope for a Simon's comeback.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That He Bingjiao beat Adrianti is not surprising to me, but for Chen Yufei - 17 years old , born 3/1/1998, and less well-known nor as successful as fellow teammate HBJ - to overcome Bae Yeon Ju albeit in a seemingly grueling 86-minute three-setter and even coming from behind to take the decider is certainly quite unexpected and commendable, probably the biggest upset of the day.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Too bad, Shi Yuqi and Qiao Bin have to cross swords in R2.

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

All the Koreans MS are clashing with INA in the next round:

SWH vs. Simon
    LHI vs. Kholik
    JHJ vs. Jonatan

All Korean WS is also facing INA WS:
    Gregoria Mariska vs. SJH

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

No I am actually talking about the number of players who have advanced to the second round. Check the scores and results for day 2 carefully and you will realise that all the Malaysian players for WS, MD, WD and XD Have all advanced to the second round. Only their MS players have lost. I am comparing in terms of category. Malaysia players from 4 different categories have advanced.

If I were to look at the other countries performance from all the different categories I realise that not all of their players from all the different categories have advanced to the second round. That is the comparison here. But then Korea is an exceptional case. Only one player didn't advance to the second round but the rest have all advanced to the second round which means for day 2 performance Korea is the best. I am only talking about the day 2 results not other days.

#48 blabl, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  9. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Any live streams? Thanks!

10. indrg

indrg Regular Member

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Court 1 & 2 only => http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f

ROUND OF 16 (03.00pm local time, 4 courts) : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...857758-9954-4BFC-BBE5-D24113FDE1DC&d=20151001

MS top two seeds of this tournament Son WH and Hu Y will face two former INA #1 who're trying to revive their badminton career Santoso and Kuncoro respectively, should be interesting matches to follow. Three Indonesian rookies, fast-improved Mustofa who stunned local star Tanongsak is expected to go further against Derek Wong ZL, Christie has Korean new talent Jeon HJ and Kholik gets tough hurdle, 4th seed Lee HI. China has guaranteed 1 quarterfinal slot through Shi YQ v Qiao B.

WS defending champion Intanon has easy path to book last eight spot while Sung JH will face Indonesian junior Mariska. Another INA promising talent Fitriani will challenge Japanese Sato, one intriguing tie in this discipline will pit the left-handed He BJ against home hopeful Busanan.

INA dominates MD second round with 5 pairs and 1 quarterfinal ticket has been assured as second seed Pratama/Suwardi will meet their former partner Saputra/Angriawan. Two Korean WD, Go AR/Yoo HW and Jung KE/Shin SC have junior combos INA Apriani/Sugiarto and Chen QC/Jia YF. KOR SS runner-up Chang YN/Lee SH should have no problem to overcome Malaysian pair. The close match could be happen between, Matsuo/Naito v Poon LY/Tse YS.

Last edition champion Kido/Bernadeth has hard job to extend their title here, top-seed Ko SH/Kim HN is their today's opponent but INA still have Jordan/Susanto and Widianto/Dili to keep the chance alive. Two Chinese young and dangerous pairs, Huang KX/Huang DP and Zheng SW/Chen QC are predicted to pass this stage.

12. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Thank you indrg and CLELY. ☺

13. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    Upsets prediction
    Simon over Sonwanho
    Sony over hu yun
    sakai over rumbaka

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Santoso won first game easily, 21-11. Son WH was too passive and pretty weak defense.

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Upset incoming...!!

16. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    hard to say rubber now ... SIMON gogogo

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i'm talking about CHN's Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen, they being shock defeated by unknown HK pair...

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh and what a shock I got. I just checked the ranking of Wang Yilv / Zhang Wen and found out that their world raking is very high extremely high at world no 25. Oh wow what a highly ranked player. I am just sort of expecting that they will win their match convincingly today. But then again what an upset they just lost their match today to Ow Yao Han/ Chooi Kah Ming a newly formed pair with low ranking. Oh wow what an upset created by the Malaysian. The Malaysian MD won the match convincingly today thus creating an upset.

#58 blabl, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sun Yu's Thai opponent, Sarita, impressed me in G1, a ferocious attacking attacking player with a pretty good jump smash.

20. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

China's poor MD performance continues...