SC/WC schedule in StarSports

Discussion in '2001 Sudirman Cup / World Championships' started by kwun, Apr 30, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for those who are in SE Asia and can get StarSport, here is the schedule for the Sudirman Cup and World Championships. they replay during the day as well. but then, if you can watch live, why watch replay?

now all i need to do is to spend US$1k on a plane ticket, fly there, watch and come back. 27hrs of coverage means US$37/hours. heck, that's worth it.

(in HK time)

1/6:
    18:00 Sudirman Cup Sudirman Cup 2001 Seville, SPAIN Semifinal #1(L) 4hrs

2/6:
    00:00 Sudirman Cup Sudirman Cup 2001 Seville, SPAIN Semifinal #2(L) 4hrs
    19:00 Sudirman Cup Sudirman Cup 2001 Seville, SPAIN Finals(L) 4.5hrs

8/6:
    19:00 World Championship World Championships 2001 Seville, SPAIN Quarterfinals(L) 5hrs

9/6:
    19:00 World Championship World Championships 2001 Seville, SPAIN Semifinals(L) 6hrs.

10/6:
    19:00 World Championship World Championships 2001 Seville, SPAIN Finals(L) 4hrs

2. Hello Friend:

I live in Los Angeles, U.S.A. I am a great fan of badminton game. I been playing this game for the last 5 years. I play for Manhattan Beach Badminton Club. I would love to see this game on TV in U.S.A.

Do you know which cable channel in U.S.A. will show Sudirman or World Championship Tournament. I am trying very hard to find out. Somebody told me that FOX SPORTS INTERNATIONAL CHANNEL probably will show some part of the tournament.

Could you please kindly advise me, how do I get STARSPORT CHANNEL in U.S.A. Your help is really appreciated.

Thank You.
    Shamoon Khandia

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Shamoon,

there is almost no chance at all. the major networks don't air any badminton over here. TVBi, the international division of the TVB station in Hongkong, once in a while will air replays. but TVBi is a subscription based station, and 99% of the other programs are Cantonese. there is a long waitlist to subscribe to TVBi as well.

do what a real badminton fanatic would do, one of us is flying to Spain to watch it, another one of us is flying to Hongkong to watch it!!

kwun