San Francisco Badminton Intermediate & Advanced Social Group

Discussion in 'USA West' started by Tony Tam, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Tony Tam

Tony Tam New Member

Software Engineering @ Splunk Inc.
    [​IMG]
    Want to play badminton in the San Francisco area? Join our intermediate/advance badminton social group!
    http://sf.badmintondiscuss.com

Should you join?
    We are a friendly group who love badminton; focused on learning and improving in the game. If you just want to compete and be anti-social, please join the challenge court instead.

People currently in the social group
    Tony, Abhey, Alankrit, Aldo, Angela, Andy, Chris, Connor, Elliot, Geff, Harry, Heng Jie, James, Jeff, Jerry, Khoi, Madelene, Mari, Ning, Papu, Paul, PJ, Richard, Rakesh, Sydney, Tina, TonyD, Wade, Winston, Khan, Jason, Christina, Clinton,Shobhit, Micah, Lena, Vladimir

Beginners
    Sorry no beginners . We have seen beginners dedicate themselves to training. However, if you are willing to spend the effort to learn, we have people who are willing to help you improve!

The courts themselves are public, so feel free to just go there if you do not want to join with the group.

Intermediate
    You consistently clear, serve, smash, can defend well and have a decent backhand or around the head shots. You also know how to rotate around the court for doubles.

Advance
    You are at least intermediate, you might have played in D, C, B or A level competitively. You can teach others badminton and have done the Badminton Strategy and Drills. You have played in challenge courts and won a few.

Contact
    Email me if you want to join our group.

Tony Tam
    tonstert8888@gmail.com

Or better yet, contact me at this WhatsApp group 'SF Badminton New Member' https://chat.whatsapp.com/65SWo4VD9FjJga3djMRvxN2

We coordinate games using WhatsApp group, 'SF Badminton Group'. I will invite you once I verify your playing level.

Why Is Tony Forming This Social Group?
    I used to have a hard time finding people to play and I usually have to audition to show my level of play in order for people to accept me. I hated that part of badminton when I don't have someone to go with and I have to pair myself with people who only cared about winning on the challenge court. I started this group to help people reconnect with badminton. Often I would hear from people who just moved to San Francisco and have lost their former friends whom they used to play with. I also hear from people who used to play in high school and college but have forgotten about the game when life happens to all of us.

When
    Monday mornings 7:30am to 9:30am, we play at Millberry Fitness & Recreation Center at UCSF Parnassus (see below) high school students welcome!
    (Monday has mostly beginners).

Wednesday evenings 5:00pm to 8:30pm, we play in South San Francisco Bintang Badminton. On Wednesdays we carpool from 270 Brannan Street, San Francisco at 4:30 and drop off back at the city, BART or Caltrain.
    (Wednesday has a mix of intermediate and advanced players).

Saturdays 9am to 12:30pm, we carpool from San Francisco to South San Francisco Bintang Badminton and back.
    (We have a mix of intermediate and advanced players)

Saturday at 5:30pm to 8pm, we play at UCSF Parnassus in San Francisco. Ask for Papu, Jason or Tony to make introductions. Leave the center court for intermediate/advanced players and side courts for beginners.
    (Saturday evenings has beginner and intermediate players).

Fridays from 7:00pm to 10pm, some play at UCSF Mission Bay . (Friday has beginner and intermediate players). Ask for Jason to help you make introductions.

Locations
    These are public spaces, you can just go there without joining the social group.

1. Millberry Fitness & Recreation Center at UCSF Parnassus
    2. Bintang South San Francisco
    3. Bakar Fitness & Recreation Center
      at UCSF Mission Bay