Sally's review of the 2005 WC.

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by GGsally, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

After this thread, I bet the membership at Golden Gate Badminton Club goes up... :D

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I suggest Kwun adding a "Sally Yip Forum" under "Professional Player fourm". Look like so many BFers are interested in her badminton. :) I myself is also a Sally Yip fan also since high school.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am 2nd to this suggestion!

I am a sally fan since high school days, and still a big one. Was singing her songs in karaoke last sat night. :p

4. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

I am actually an agressive player (or so I think) :confused: :p so I like to use a heavier racquet. I used to use MP100 Yonex, but then Mike from GGBC, Golden Gate Badminton Club started making his own racquets and introduced me to RP 35 now G2 803, and RP 70 now G2 930. I started out using G2 803 (more flexible)now I use G2 930 (stiffer) and I cannot use any other racquet now. I really love it cos, I don't know, my game improved so much, cos it really suits me.

Sally

5. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

I've had many a comeback tours already, that I gotta go away again ha ha..The first time I went away I started playing badminton!! ( MY DESTINY :D ) and now I'm going away again, I hope I can learn to start playing tournaments, otherwise at my age, I might have to join the Seniors soon so I gotta HURRY!!!

Sally

6. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

We're not very likely to meet as I usually play at government sports centers. U dont wish to get too much attention right?
    >>SALLY: I can tell you in the past I never wanted attention for anything BUT... when I started to play badminton I was SOOO desparate to find players that I went up to astonished people :eek: and just out right asked them if they would play with me. They kindly obliged luckily and I have been sticky friends since. As long as you play badminton, I want your attention :D

Badminton is an amazing sport. Once I get to know the basic skills I'm truly hooked on it. Like when I'm at the net, I'm using my fingers and wrist to play netshots coz hitting hard doesnt do any good. When I'm at the back, if I dont feel like smashing I can always do something else. The sport requires both soft techniques and strength, so one must be relaxed enough to do all the footwork and strokes perfectly. Playing someone tough is also a good exercise to learn how to relax myself when things are being so tense.
    >>SALLY: Badminton is like Golf. The more you try the worse the shots. I think the game is so mental, like golf again. When my mind is sharp and focused I can do alot of things. But the most amazing thing is my mind became so much sharper and my daily reflexes are zippity quick now. Badminton not only is a great game but it really benefits your mind for everyday life too! I strategize better, I'm much sharper when I try to be more creative cos we have to try to outsmart our opponents and also anticipate their shots before they make them so we can be THERE when the ball gets there.

Sally

7. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

It's great you are all coming in here cos there is JUMBO news here ALLLL about badminton and it's all started by one person!! His name is Kwun and he is FOUNDER of this site. All the write ups and photos are his! I saw him, as I'm sure everyone here did, at the WC and he was relentlessly taking photos and he took so many I'm not sure was ever able to sit down and enjoy the games but that's just how much of a nut he is about badminton just like all of us! We are so lucky he is so devoted so we can all have a common place to meet new people and one day all get together and PLAY!!!

Sally

8. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Thank you for your kind comments but I also have my own website to chat with my fans at Delphi Forums under Sally Yeh's Friendly Lodge. If you want to ask me more personal questions about ME or my career I prefer you guys to write there cos this is more of a badminton site and I dont' want people to be concentrated on me here. It's embarrassing! :p But thanks anyways and hope to talk to you about badminton here or about ME at Delphi Forums. I have alot of nice fans there and now they are all friends from all over the world. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, Sally

9. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

10. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

I just hope the love for badminton goes UP and UP!!!:D Hey speaking of....haven't seen you since you bought and strung your racquet!

S

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    FYI, here is the link to Sally's forum:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=sally_yeh&nav=start&prettyurl=/sally_yeh

i have talked to Sally in a few occasions and i can immediately tell she is a HUGE badminton fanatic just like you and I. very cool... :cool:

12. Togey

Togey Regular Member

Mmmm... badminton. :D

13. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Wow Sally ! Good to know you are one of the active members in this forum. I sat in section 221 and my friend spotted you on second row sec 222. Actually, I noticed the entire row was blue t-shirt with "GGBC" on it. Very good marketing, I actually checked out the website and found out its a very nice full-time badminton club in northern Cal.

Well, maybe you ought to consider open another one down here in So. Cal. cuz the club I go to SGVBC is so crowded nowadays. I call this an "aftershock". Before WC2005, I never waited over 30 mins and now, easily over 90 mins wait!!!

In any case, I am really impressed with your article, sort of stealing the spotlight from kwun.... no offense :p

14. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

We go early on Saturdays before all the classes start... we saw you driving in as we were heading out last weekend. We were the sweaty couple in the parking lot waving at you in your car - I'm sure you see lots of sweaty people waving at you though. :D

15. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

US Dream Team...

I heard rumors that Tony is planning to dump Howard for his previous partner Halim. That should be an unbeatable combo!!!!

16. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

<<< My imagination >>> the reason behind this is Tony whispered to Howard during the match "...stop dancing on the court, you irritated my friends Wijaya and Sigit. I make no friend to you no more if you continue doing that" :D

17. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

lol! I can't believe we have celebrity singers on this forum! Just shows that Kwun is doing a ridiculously good job with this site!

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Attached Files:

19. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

Kwun has done an excellent job of the site..

kudos to him for making a great website where we can find out about touraments, equipment, and places to play.

20. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    Hi Sally,

Firstly, I am a really big fan and I really love your voice.

Secondly, there is this guy in your club who makes his own rackets? Cool! How exactly do you make your own racket? Everybody here just buys one and I'm sure if I can make my own, I can save quite some money. Did you learn from him? Is it easy?