Sack Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by malaysia boleh?, Oct 23, 2006.

1. qwertyu

qwertyu Regular Member

My suggestion to kwun, can you creat a vote for

1. Do u think CTF/LWW should go to Doha?
    2. Do u think KKK/CCM should remain as a pair in Doha?

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

3. qwertyu

qwertyu Regular Member

Yes. pjfswift, I agree with u. See my earlier post.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The title of this thread certainly rings a bell with this English proverb : "The vulger keeps no account of your hits, only of your misses".

5. indra

indra Regular Member

CCM/KKK are a real threat to Chinese and Indonesian MDs....

They are most powerful and fast!!! WIthout doubt...

Again, if BAM decides not to field them in the AG,....OH....it is a blessing for Ina and Chinese teams....:D

6. purpledoi

purpledoi Regular Member

Student
    Can't say that too soon though.

Lin and Tazari may be capable of doing as well as CCM/KKK. And given thier recent achivements...Big big capability...

7. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

Advantage: If he watch this thread, he will know that we all feel of his hardship and heartbreak. And many of us respect and support his decision. Do not blame himselves.

Disadvantage: This thread maybe will make him recall those sadness, we may hurt him again.

:( :( :( :(

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    LWW/CTF = "habis manis sepah dibuang", i hope malaysians know this proverb :)

9. jcheung

jcheung New Member

Do not sack

Every one has his/her Physical, Intelligent and Emotion cycles changing everyday in the form of SINE and a COSINE curves. Besides the skills, I believe that it has to do with the physical curve in its peak at the same time for duo in order to win the double. It is hard to coincide for both partners in the top form at the same time and also in a series of days during a competition.
    We criticized when they only missed to deliver medal in the last 2 competitions in high pressure and high stress. But did we praise when they delivered medals in the previous competitions? Or did we contribute or deliver any medal at all for the country?
    These veteran players have been working hard and doing a great jobs in these past few years and should be encouraging.

CCM/KKK and CTF/LWW should be given to Doha and 2008 Olympic before they retire while the youngsters still have many chances to super series to get more experience for next Asian game and London Olympic.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Good one. But what's a 'vulger'? Appreciate the right word if it's a typo.

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

A 'vulger' is certainly not a gentleman.

12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    At the end of the day, we can only voice our opinions in a diplomatic way. The decision to select the players to represent the country rests on the coaches and the management team. So people, it would be great if we can just be calm about the situation and let the people who are in said positions do what they are paid for.

That is all.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. but I don't think the seniors were originally slated for Doha as retirement gifts; it was because they really deserve it as they have been performing superior to the newbies.It was only at the WC that CTF/LWW were looking really wrong and even now it would be high risk to field them. Tazari/Lin is a safer but inferior bet. It used to be said that CTF/LWW have themselves as their worst enemies.That I believe has changed now to Rexy. (By the way does anybody know who replaced Rexy in the England coaching team or was his post made redundant?) As long as Rexy remains as coach, CTF/LWW are unlikely to perform. (But they should learn from CH and try to bide their time. CH's stunning comeback proves that as long as you work on and maintain your fitness,you will be superior to the younger ones because your skills and experience are superior and established (PhD) while they are still working on their skills ('A' level) even though they can work longer hours.)
    As for CCM/KKK, I believe at one stage they were supposed to split. May turn out to be a good thing for CCM not to have KKK as his partner.

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The great Liem Swie King had a statue erected in his home town, an appropriate recogntion from his home town folks; it was pulled down when he lost to China's Han Jian in the 1981 Thomas cup.
    The proverb I cited earlier also is true here, there, everywhere.

15. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

totally agree with you,
    There are world ranking NO.4 now, which pair can have the qualification to substitute them? Even KKK, CCM TBH and HTH cannot replace them. So is it anyone of us go and represent Malaysia to play in Doha?

16. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

CTF/LWW not so bad, but seem that rexy follow his teacher Christian H, look at how christian just threw away aplayer like sigit budiarto, tony,etc,etc.

christian like alex ferguson, so i think it's affect rexy too, just give rexy chance t prove that his decision to not send ctf/lww is good decision

17. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    I can say this is totally unfair!!

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Setup for failure

Replacing KKK/CCM with KKK/T?? doesn't make sense as the new pair is not any stronger and the chance of winning also is not increasing. I agree Rexy/YKH just setup an excuse in case MD fail to deliver.
    As for Tan Fook/Wan Wah, I have mix feeling for them. It's true, without them Malaysia MD will be in even worse shape than now. We can boost about how well Rexy has brought out the new young pairs but have any of them actually win any title?
    Chan Chong Ming did the right thing attended the funeral, period.
    I don't think Malaysia will win any gold or silver in Badminton in Asian Game. Bronze is more likely.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I have wanted to say this for some time. Sometimes I find the language used by some of our BFers a little too strong a little less civil.

Take this thread title for example: "SACK .....' Imagine for once that you are CTF or LWW and you happen to read this post, what sort of feelings do you have?

After giving of your best for so many years for your country and for badminton, we have so-called badminton fans who give you no 'face' at all or who doesn't care about human feelings just because you happen to have a bad day which affected your results.

Please be more considerate, try to put yourself in the players' position, try to empathize with them, acknowledge that as human beings, we will have both good and bad days.

If you feel so strongly that they should go, choose a less emotive word such as "RETIRE" instead of 'SACK', which means "dismissed from employment".

Do our two 'veteran' players, who have served Malaysia well all these years, deserve this?

20. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Loh,

Sometimes their performances just do not indicate that they give their best. many times.

Nobody can prove anything, but they let so many things slip away easily, blamed on trivial matters, you wonder if there was some hidden agenda.

TBBMBB(N)