Sack Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by malaysia boleh?, Oct 23, 2006.

1. qwertyu

qwertyu Regular Member

What about CCM?

What about CCM? He is not too old to go but he get the axe too (not truly axed, but changed partner). I have some comments I am sure many of u will curse me for being too mean. But this is what I have to say:

CCM is too self-centred. I know losing his father is a painful thing. But I was truely disappointed that he quit world championship without a fight. You must know CCM is representing MALAYSIA, not his family. He went to Spain on tax-payers' money. I know the Chinese always wanted all family members to be at the funeral but come on, it is the Chinese that says Country comes before the family!!! There were so many cases of the White sportsmen who bear the pain of losing their love ones and go on competing in their event in ?Olympics. They finally won and dedicate the medals to their loved one, so emotional, so touching. That's what lacking in our players. Being at world Championship is the dream of all badminton players in the world but when you have the chance and let go without a fight, it is shameful!

Just a 2-cent from me, comments are welcome.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Not as easy as you say.. You are not in CCM's shoe. I do agree that he is travelling on Tax payers money. I don't think CCM is too self centered.
    Well he is not White and not everyone is like the European players.
    Personally i don't think we have to right to judge anyone or any player.
    Things are not as easy at it seems. Still water runs deep.

3. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Yeah I don't think it's fair for anyone to say that CCM shouldn't have flown home. The only time where it might make sense to not do that is maybe if other people's lives were depended on you like in a war or you putting others in danger in doing so. Although CCM is representing Malaysia and its people, it is just a game and he still has plenty of chances to bag titles in the future, especially when Malaysia is holding the WC in KL next year. On the other hand, I think people will look down on him had he chosen to stay and play instead of attending his father's funeral, especially people from the Asian communities.

I don't know but I have always believed that Asian cultures tend to emphasize the importance of family before anything else and that even include one's self at times. Am I not right?

4. blessing

blessing Regular Member

yea.. its unfair to judge a person like dat yo.. wat happen if CCM was not attending his father's funeral?? i think 99% of da people will say him unfilial son.. furthermore..its his dad's last journery.. he SHOULD be there to accompany his dad to walk through this last journey.. n wat happen if CCM stayed n play 4 his WC?? his winning chance wif kkk r jux 50-50.. too risk.. if he stayed he should win a title back.. if not.. haha..unfilial son will come out from everybody's mouth.. by da way.. CCM did a right choice...i respect him..

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, that's a ridiculous statement.
    that's exactly what i would have done as well, and i'm sure his teammates and coaches were supportive of his decision.

6. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I agree, its time for CTF/LWW to retire and give younger pairs more chances to compete. BAM should not expect anything from the pair anymore. They are my favourite MD pair but they are not like Tony Gunawan or Chandra Wijaya. They should be sparring partners to help the younger pairs.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Rexy is a great coach for the young but stinks as one for the experienced. He has done more harm than good to the CTF/LWW partnership and I don't see how the veterans can function under him.If they work on their fitness, they can stll be better otherwise it's the end of the road. It's easy to find instances to back up your point that they choked. However, their TC Finals matches also proved they are no chokers(and this is more recent than your examples.)What I' m disgusted with is how Rexy treats his charges differently.( That's how students' performance can change , some better , some worse when a new teacher comes in.) A fantastic teacher is one who nurtures ALL his charges to progress . Rexy is not a fantastic coach. He is a discriminatory one, who inspires some charges and demoralise others. I want to point out that his discriminatory behaviour is likely to be unintentional.
    May I suggest that the AG decision has more to do with the coaches (Rexy and YKH) keeping their jobs. You see, that Dato Z chap who issued that ultimatum of 'Gold or your head rolls' now has to back down cos he cannot expect that of the newbies. (Actually his is the one whose head should roll first) That's why CCM has to be the ultimate victim. If the CCM/KKK were fielded, the "Gold'' ultimatum still holds.(The argument of fielding TBH now to gain experience for Olympics is laughable because he would have opportunities in Sudirman and WC in 2007 and TC in 2008 to get over big match nerves by then.)
    I have one question: Skillwise,are the newbies superior to CTF/LWW? Appreciate opinions from all.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Personally i think to Field KKK/TBH for Asian game is a gamble. Not that i'm saying they are not a good pair. If to expose them.. i would rather expose them in the regular super series and not a BIG game like Asian Games. Both of them played well in JP open.. but this still have not proven their consistency in other tournaments.

9. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    that's true....field in KKK with TBH is a big risk!!CCM and KKK would be much more safer!!YES!we should give the young players a chance but definitely not in the AG!!

10. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

totally agree i think CCM can do it better

11. purpledoi

purpledoi Regular Member

Student
    CCM and KKK seem to have gone a bit stale and I was so shocked when BAM changed everybody last minute like that.
    Maybe they've seen a miracle =/
    Or maybe CCM still in mourning?
    We can only hope for the best...and no more accidents please....Msian team has had enough of that.

12. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    I was really shocked when i saw the player list to DOHA Asean Games..they had changed all the player especially men double player!!!although many ppl don agree wit it,however i think they had their reason to did it!!maybe it's time for us to see the young player potential n their "performance"...;) :eek:

13. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

I'm really sad and dissapointed, not because of the result of Malaysia's player, but those of you who keep on complaining.:mad: :mad: :mad:

All of the player, for sure include LWW & CTF, CCM, they have contribute so much for our badminton team and our country. Like CTF & LWW, although they never win any big event, but in the last few years, because of them, we are able to see "MALAYSIA' appeared in almost every badminton event, even final, semi-final and OLYMPIC games. WE SHOULD FEEL PROUD!!! Without them , men's double in Malaysia will be drowning since few years ago. Then what do you think will happen to the Malaysia badminton team?

And i dun think CCM did anything wrong, try to imagine, what would we feel if the one who dead is our father? We are human being, and so to the player, they are not GOD even they are top player in the world. They still have emotion, feeling, and the most important is 'THE RIGHT". He has the right to leave the competition, even the coach allow him to do so, what we can complain anymore? So why dun we complain the coach? But treat the player, the one who already get hurt as a target?

14. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    siaoching is right!!!! u r not in CCM's shows n u have no idea wad is his feelings... we cant just jump to conclusion tat he is self-centred right?? that is the time that his family need him the most n he isn't going back at all.. furthermore, he can't concentrate n focus either even if he chooses to stay on in madrid... thats his father dude!!!!

15. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

How is winning a WC title more important than sending your only father's last journey? I really cannot comprehend ur thinking..anyway to each and their own beliefs...To me, i think CCM made the best decision and I don't blame him at all for Msia's failure to win anything from this WC

To not stray away from this topic...I am also getting disappointed by LWW/CTF's performance again..frustrating when u know they have the capability to deliver but they always fail when it matters..Their age is not helping at all, i guess old habits die hard

#35 Bresis, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  16. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

i hope ccm see this thread

17. ants

ants Regular Member

I don't think he can access to the internet at the moment.

18. surge

surge Regular Member

being a singaporean, i can only say that malaysia is doing very well..compare to singapore. i was linesman for a LWW and CTF match and certainly feel that they are a great pair!

being able to cheer for a team representing your country is a great honor even if they lose. i am sure they want to win. but badminton is very competitive and no one seems to be able to be winning all the time.

and i think ppl are nuts when they feel that a man should go for his games ( even if its the finals of a 6-star event) when their loved ones have passed away. you will not even be playing if not for your parent who broght you up!

19. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    about winning a WC title more important or not?? i think its important..yes it is... but u can always try again next yr if not this yr... as for his father, he has only one n tat last journey of his is important too....plus it is only once in a lifetime..u wouldnt want to miss it n disappoint ur family...furthermore, it is a chinese family tradition for a long long time since our ancestors u know....

n for LWW/CTF.. yes im equally frustrated wit them.. wad is going on wit them?? never change.... the biggest enemy is themselves.. if they dun get rid of tat habit, its the end of the road for them....:( :( :crying:

20. qwertyu

qwertyu Regular Member

Look like I have created a public anger on the CCM issue, I shall retract my inconsiderate statement. A player in that situation will not be able to concentrate playing anyway, my apology.

However I still support the BAM decision for the change in the AG MD list. We need changes to progress. No doubt CTF/LWW has fought hard for the country before but they are in bad shape now. Sending them to Doha is equally risky. As for SiaoChing's statement on them in Olympic final, semifinal, I can't recall any. The only Malaysian Olympic medalists are Jalani/Razif and Rashid if I am not mistaken.