Russian Open 2007: Day 5 FINALS (09 Dec 2007)

Discussion in 'Russian Open 2007' started by badMania, Dec 8, 2007.

1. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    Nothing happened, Lu Yi is a good player. Chinese team mensingle is very deep compared to Indonesia.

2. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Thanx apontoh.....really unbelieveable Lu Yi can beat Andre

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Andre never quits [mentally], but he is often baffled when his opponents keep changing tactics on him... I think that's what Lu Yi did in the beginning of game 3... while taking advantage of Andre's slight relaxation after winning game 2.

4. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

andre is currently ranked about 42nd...any ideas on where he'll be in next week's rankings?

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I think it was a ploy to get Andre smashing out during game 2 and expend his energy, then being fresher for game 3.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    China has: Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai, Chen Jin, Chen Yu, Lu Yi etc...
    Indonesia has: Taufik, Sony, Simon, Andre, Tommy, Wahyu, Alam, Rivai, etc...

China is very deep, but Indonesia is not too far behind... ;) Not too many other countries have Indonesia's depth in MS...

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Thirty-something... :D Because the difference in point accumulation between rank 32 to 36 is not too big... But my best guess: Andre will become ranked 29...

#187 Krisna, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  8. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    yah, that´s true :) bye everyone!

9. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

in that case, Andre can enter main rounds of SS tourneys next year then?? well, he should...and prove Pelatnas wrong for ditching him.:cool:

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

To begin with, a title in Moscow will be a big bonus, given the competitive field :)

Nevertheless, its a good achievement by Andre Kurniawan Tedjono. Honestly, I never expected him to reach the Final, given that he has to beat Chen Yu.

Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki performed to expectation with a Semi-Final finish. Fransisca Ratnasari and Alamsyah Yunus exceeded every expectation by reaching the Semi-Final, losing to the eventual champion.

A host of other players like Tommy Sugiarto, Ari Yuli Wahyu Hartanto, Anggun Nugroho/Tantowi Akhmad, Anggun Nugroho/Nathalia Christine Poluakan did well to progress to the QF.

Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka, Fran Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya, and Nathalia Christine Poluakan/Yulianti fell in R16 to more experienced opponents. Maria Elfira Christina lost to a more aggressive Eastern European player.

Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan lost to the eventual champion in the first round. The only disappointing result was Tantowi Akhmad/Yulianti's first round loss.

Finally, Sylvinna Kurniawan and Maria Febe Kusumastuti lost in the Qualifying Rounds.

There will be more actions in the Italian Challenge...let's see if Team Djarum can steal a title or two.

11. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

bye Stork...
    I am also wondering why Andre lost easily in 3rd game...It is not like when Andre could beat Chen Yu (rank 9) who has good ranking than Lu Yi (rank 49)...

Anyway...Congret' for Germany MD for their title in this tournament...:cool:

12. badboypedi

badboypedi Regular Member

woooooooow, i just came home and what did i see?? hopp/kindervater beat the wc no 3 from japan!! juhuuu, im so lucky!! this is a big step for hopp/kindervater as theyve won their first major title and hopefully make a big jump in the world ranking....but at the same time im a bit diappointed about xu huaiwen´s lost to wang yihan..i had the hope she can beat the china player...

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

No title for INA in this tourney, unfortunately Andre has failed at the end but probably this is maximal result from INA's back up team. Meanwhile CHN small squad booked 3 titles here with Lu Yi and Wang Yihan are the unpredictable winners. And Europe representatives, Germany and Poland taste victory this time to overcome strong faves Japan and China pair respectively, Congratz!

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Without training, chen hong is not gonna get pass round 2