Russian Open 2007: Day 4 (08 Dec)

Discussion in 'Russian Open 2007' started by badMania, Dec 7, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We actually have more Semi-Finalists in Moscow than in Hong Kong last week :rolleyes:

MEN'S SINGLES SEMI-FINAL
    Chen Yu vs Andre Kurniawan Tedjono -- an interesting match is in store...Chen Yu has the slight edge.

Lu Yi vs Alamsyah Yunus -- ditto for Lu Yi

MEN'S DOUBLES SEMI-FINAL
    Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda vs Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki -- I am betting on Rian/Yoke to reach another Final and hopefully win another title here. However, the match against the World Championships bronze-medallist will be a tough one. If Yoke can be more stable, the Djarum pair has a good chance.

WOMEN'S SINGLES SEMI-FINAL
    Fransisca Ratnasari vs Wang Yihan -- Nana has done well to reach the Semi-Final. Another win will be a bonus.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Not really.....we have 4.5 semifinalists in HKG than Moscow..(Hendra/Kido,luluk/alvent,nova/butet,flandy/Vita,candra/tony)

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I forgot about Luluk/Alvent and Tony/Candra....haiya....must be too tired today :p And we only have 3 matches overall, compared to 4 in Moscow this week.

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I think Chen Yu is vulnerable and can loose to Andre yet again (like in Vietnam Open last month)... Chen Yu were extremely troubled by Andre's two practicemates today (Hayom and Wahyu)... Chen played at least 2 full hours against the 2 young INA... Chen, as we know has the least endurance among
    China's top 4 MS players...

Wang Yihan is too skillful for Nana... All Nana has going for her is that nobody expects her to win and she can just play her heart out... Ha ha ha...

5. chemile

chemile Regular Member

I think the biggest opportunity come from Andre Kurniawan and Rian/Yoke. Chen Yu's performance slightly decrease recenty and Andre must have confidence that he can beat him today, since his compatriots almost win with Chen Yu.
    Rian/Yoke also good pair, and as far they have shown good performance in couple tournaments. However, Japanese pair also not easy to beat. I think Rian/Yoke could become a top pairs at least top ten in the world.

Another Indonesian semifinalist are Alamsyah and Fransisca. Quite hard for them to go to the final, but miracle sometimes hapenned. Alamsyah lucky with Chen Hong's withdrawn, but I think he must do the best to beat Li Yu, who beat Tommy Sugiarto in QF.
    Quite surprise with Fransisca performance recently, probably because there is threaten kicked-out from pelatnas if she is not show the best performance. But Wang Yihan is too hard to beat. It will be a bonus if Fransisca can beat Wang. However, Fransisca has maximal performanced already, and she can not become a top player, since she doesn't have killing attack and or good stamina to play rally like Susy Susanti. Oh, I missed Susy Susanti..... :rolleyes:

6. chemile

chemile Regular Member

The thread is very quite ya since there has no Malaysian players participate heheheheh

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Imagine...

..if there are no INA players participating, it'll probably get even quieter; maybe no one will start any thread(s)..:p;)

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Semifinal match will start at 12.00pm local time and interesting enough for the line-up. I guess Andre still has chance to overcome Chen Yu as this Chinese slump performance after KL world-meet last August. Even CY must finished 2 yesterday macthes with rubber games against INA beginner.

In WS, winner between Nana vs Wang Yihan will face top-seed Xu Huaiwen. Yeah, it's rather hard to beat China rising star Wang Yihan as she has defeated 2 seeding players en route to last four, home player 5th seed Ella Diehl and 2nd seed Bulgarian Petya Nedeltcheva at R/16 and quarterfinal respectively.

9. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I hope Yihan can make it to final,but yet again she's still young and not consistent,even kim moon hi beat her once at Japan.I'm still not 100% with her today,but hope she can prove me wrong.
    Jia You Yihan N all china players

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Don't worry...Wang Yihan and Lu Yi should make it to the Final.

As for Chen Yu, he has a 55% chance of beating Andre Kurniawan Tedjono. Andre has yet to lose a set and this tournament is the best chance for him to show that he has improved this year, by winning a GP tournament (New Zealand Open) and now a GP Gold tournament. If he can beat Chen Yu, I think Andre can beat Lu Yi in the Final tomorrow. We'll see....

11. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i'm glad we've got one china's supporter here.... :D :D... ... so far some ina supporters vs 1 china's supporter :D :p

12. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

I am sure all INA MS Final tommorow....
    Nana can give hard fighting to the young chinese...hope Nana can win
    Shuichi/Shintaro vs Rian/Yonatan...hmm this is match of the macth at least in MD of Russian Open 2007...I like both of the pairs...but hope INA pair go to Final match...

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wang Yihan shows her class as she leads 11-5, from 2-4 down before she won 8 straight points to make it 9-4 :rolleyes:

14. Erwin Kyoto

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Robert Mateusiak/Nadiezda Kostiuczyk are the first pair to enter the Final as they beat David Lindley/Suzanne Rayappan in rubber-sets.

Up next will be Chen Yu vs Andre Kurniawan Tedjono

#15 badMania, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wang Yihan takes the first set 21-13. It should be an easy match for her.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Second seed Poland pair Mateusiak/Kostiuczyk beat England XD Lindley/Rayappan in rubber games. Meanwhile Wang Yihan takes 1st set, 21-13, seems bad prospect for Nana...

#17 CLELY, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Dont give up on nana yet.............

19. Erwin Kyoto

yeaaahh..I can watch the livesocre again after doing restart my PC...
    Nana looks like wake up and leading 5-4

20. Erwin Kyoto

cmon Nana...imposible is nothing to beat chinese player...go.go