Rudy and Joo-bong predict narrow win for Malaysia

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006' started by ants, May 4, 2006.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    May 5
    TheStar

TWO former badminton greats – Indonesian Rudy Hartono and South Korean Park Joo-bong – have predicted a narrow win for Malaysia over Denmark.

Both agreed that a Lee Chong Wei victory in the first match against Peter Gade-Christensen would make all the difference for Malaysia.

Rudy, who is the Indonesian team manager, said: “This is the year of Lee Chong Wei. I think he is one of the players who have adapted quite well to the new scoring format (21x3).

“If he beats Peter, Malaysia have a chance to win 3-2. Malaysia's second doubles (Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah) and third singles (Kuan Beng Hong) have the slight edge (over the Danes).”

Joo-bong, the former coach of the Malaysian team who is now with Japan, gave Malaysia a slight edge.

“It will be very close. Chong Wei and (Mohd) Hafiz (Hashim) have been playing well here. They have to be mentally strong in their match tomorrow,” he said.

“Malaysia also can win a point through Tan Fook-Wan Wah. Denmark's sure point will come from their All-England men doubles champions (Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen).”

2. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Dead sure about first MD. Denmark is sure to take the point from the pair. Cant see any way KKK/CCM to beat the Danes especially with their pethatic performance against Korea (with all respect to the Korean). Malaysia have to rely on LCW and CTF/LWW. The 2nd and third singles will be really crucial. Hopefully Hafiz and KBH can stand the pressure and come out triumph.

3. keatm

keatm Regular Member

undergraduate
    i disagree with what you say about KKK/CCM. they are both good players. in addition, KKK is still young. he has the potential. if he could handle the pressure and situation well, he can play a nice game! i think, he will prob lose to Denmark but who knows what will happen during a competition! anything can happen. i look forward to KKK/CCM performance. i dun think they will let we malaysians down. i believe they will fight till the end no matter what:cool:

4. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Yes, KKK/CCM are inconsistent. Let's hope they show their inconsistency in today's match as compared to the match against Koreans two days ago. :D

5. alloh

alloh Regular Member

KKK/CCM ....???? Noooo..... they are not good enough in world level.
    KKK is good.... CCM not bad but not good as well..... Both together can't be a great pair. They should split off I think.

I think CCM not good enough in skills and smashes.

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    KKK is a showoff player :D

7. markchan

markchan Regular Member

After the TC, I m sure YKH will pair KKK and TBH to groom them as the next top pair.

8. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Well not in the match against Jens Eriksen & Martin Lungarrd. He [Koo Kien Kiet] and Chan Choong Ming played exceptionally well in that match stretching the world #1 pair to their limits and beating them easily in the 3rd set.

But sometimes I guess they do not lend themselves into the matches thus they don't perform well during those times.

9. catpet

catpet Regular Member

student
    hello.. i totally disagree that koo and chan are not good players!! koo is very young and he has a very high potential... plus, they are mentally strong against denmark... come on guys, koo is not trying to stuck up..

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Koo will be a real cool guy in a year or so when he becomes real good.

11. catpet

catpet Regular Member

student
    thrust me okay!! i am not a fanatic fan of koo but i believe that koo and chan are good players. if we compare them with denmark players, maybe they have more experinces than koo and chan. however, it does not make them not a good player right!!