RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. hakfu

hakfu Regular Member

Isn't Voltric 70 supposed to be flexish? Are you sure you didn't mix it up with the 80?

If you didnt mix anything up, very interesting. I'm looking for a powerful racket.

2. Daffu

Daffu Regular Member

Hi, anyone here owns a X5 Gold? Am considering to buy this racket but there seems to be not many reviews on the racket out there.

Can anyone share with experience and honest feedback?

Thanks in advance...

3. Agile_Monkey

Agile_Monkey Regular Member

Student
    Hi Daffu, I just bought 3 X5s. Going to string them all with GOSEN NEW PRO 70 at 26lbs. I will test them out tomorrow night.
    initial feeling, it is very stiff compare to the silver and white.
    I will try to give some feedbacks and reviews of them.

Cheers.

4. victor_rs

victor_rs Regular Member

just have m11 scream 180...powerfull..in my hand i have no idea this mid end range...coz perform like high end yonex..cant imagine if rsl x5 model..after this want try 3u..scream 186...

5. Daffu

Daffu Regular Member

Wow! The X5 gold "bling-bling" factor is really stunning. Congrates on the purchase... Looking forward to your feedback.

6. Daffu

Daffu Regular Member

I saw both 180 and 186, both of them pretty decent racquets but I was smitten by Goldilocks....X5...looks wise is stunning. Will wait for more bros to comment before I execute the purchase.

7. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi Agile_monkey,

please do give us your feedback
    can you comapre with a more common(available) racket like YY Armortec 900P or Archsaber 10 or 9 or TI10 etc so we can get an idea of what the X5gold, Silver and white is like
    thanks

8. Agile_Monkey

Student
    Hi Skanbuzz,

Here is my short review of the X5
    GOLD:
    Initial feeling, quite stiff = as stiff as my 5 years old AT900 Power, but slightly less stiff than a new AT900 power. It feels very solid at the T-joint.

BP measured = 294 mm (with gosen pro 70 string, without overgrip) I forgot to measure it without string.
    tension strung at 26x28lbs.

Comparing to 900 power, the maneuverability is better by about 50%. (slimmer frame, more aero)
    the vibration after hits is same as the 900 power.

The SILVER:
    Stiffness: less stiff than the GOLD. BP with string = 302mm (i was surprised)
    the frame: looking side on, the GOLD is slightly wider than the SILVER (all around the frame and the shaft that connects the t-joint)
    the vibration after hits, about 5%. I think it is because of the tapered shaft.
    Smashing with it, at contact with the shuttle, I can feel the frame flex back slightly, comparing to GOLD. it is more a timing issue.

Sorry for this short review. I will give out a more comprehensive review tomorrow.
    Cheers.

9. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Agile_monkey,

Great

that is most helpful.. now at least I can get hold of an YY armortec 900p and compare so can decide whther is the right racket.

more like this

thanks

10. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    confuse about vibration on x5 silver...u means it have strong vibration or what?

11. yiong

yiong New Member

Student
    So friend,which one do u think is better to smash(easier and more powerful)?

12. yiong

yiong New Member

Student
    So friend,which one do u think is better to smash(more powerful and easier),thank u for sharing^^

13. Daffu

Daffu Regular Member

Agile Monkey,

Thanks for the quick review. Now I am more convinced to go for Gold. Please do share with us on yr progress on the rackets.

14. Agile_Monkey

Student
    Hi Daffu,

I just had a 1 hour play on those X5 rackets today. I would say GOLD and SILVER are decent rackets. (the white is too flexible for me)
    As i said before, the SILVER has a wider frame than GOLD (by about 10%). I feel that silver feels more solid and stable on smashing and clearing (the taper shaft gives that feel too) But the gold feels more normal (because it's shaft does not flex near the T-joint). Gold is quicker at defence, better feel at net shots.

What i meant about the SILVER's vibration after hits, is that only for net shots/control shots only. vibes thru to the handle (very minimal)

I think that the main difference between X5 and X3 is the T-joint. Most of my friends feel that GOLD is just slightly stiffer than SILVER.
    After 1 hour of play, I prefer the GOLD over SILVER. because it is more all round.

Cheers.

15. lojitan

lojitan Regular Member

I've used RSL diamond X3 gold before, now I'm using RSL Diamond X5 silver with BG80 at 24lbs. My conclusion is after 4 hours session is my stroke and defense is getting better but net play is a little bit hard to control. While I'm still timing my smash with this new racket. Therefore I think X5 is definetly better than X3. Hope you all like my comments.

16. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

I have been playing withnthe X5 white for quite a while. Let me try to share what I think of the racket.

As stated in the spec, its a flexible racket. I feels very soft every hit. I strung it with the nanoturbo660 at 24/26 lbs. Power is nice, very easy to hit. I suppose everyone with this racket can hit a powerful smash. Control is really a harsh task. Smashing down the line always goes wide and far. It might be my poor technique but I just cannot place the ball at the place I want every time.

One more thing to note is that, it's really a little bit heavy and head heavy, the aerodynamics is not so good. Still it's faster than many rackets but cannot meet my taste.

Overall, its an easy racket. Everyone can play with this, nit only advanced player. Even my friend which just start playing badminton say it feels good.

17. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    May I know, is there anyone know the RSL rackets distributor in Malaysia?

18. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    wanna sell off my x5 white, interested?

19. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    check www.rsl-1928.com and you should be able to find the malaysia distributor. I believe they are in KL and are really helpful finding you the nearest retailer where you can purchase racket from or find where the nearest availability is in case the racket is out of stock at nearest retailer. (at least they were helpful back in 06/07 when I had emails with them)

20. crazy sky

crazy sky Regular Member

Freelance
    Thank you so much drowsysmurf. Will check it out...:D