RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    I just tried out a friend's 6800 and to my surprise, it's a really good racket. It feels light but generates a lot of power just like the AT800 OF. I can't seem to figure out where the power comes from .... maybe it's the new strings. Nevertheless, I'm truly impressed.

2. Victor101

Victor101 Regular Member

RSL-Millennium 5 HEAT Ti88

Has anyone out there used RSL-Millennium 5 HEAT Ti88 or have any specification?

Thanks

3. yvesjae

yvesjae New Member

where did you buy your RSL 6800? i'm having trouble looking for this racket here in manila.

4. jbosmd

jbosmd Regular Member

where to buy

Hi! i bought it from a friend of mine here in davao, i think his source is columbia marketing there in manila, because whenever i order any RSL equipments i have to choose from the brochure then after a week it arrives from manila....hope i've amswered your question.

:)

5. surge

surge Regular Member

they are really very nice! and looks very agressive too! but haven really seen them in singapore. maybe can try bras basah or queensway. if got itme tomoro i go look see look see

6. lhchia

lhchia Regular Member

may i know the racket details?

is it 3UG3

7. surge

surge Regular Member

3Ug5

6800 even balance.
    6900 head heavy.

8. smashmouth

banker
    Anyway RSL seems like another interesting brand, but US$132 for a laser 6900 is rather steep for a non yonex.

I stand corrected. I think the local standard selling price of the 6900 & 6800 has been readjusted to about P4,000++ or a little below US$80, making it reasonably priced.

#68 smashmouth, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  9. smashmouth

banker
    I stand corrected. I think the local distributor of RSL has adjusted the 6800 & 6900's price to below US$80, making it quite reasonable.

#69 smashmouth, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  10. jbosmd

jbosmd Regular Member

I too stand corrected its columbus marketing not columbia marketing.

11. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

some broz spotted it at Mega Sport in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.

12. surge

surge Regular Member

knew about mega sports. he sells them at rm245 w string, grip and a bag. can get the same package at jiwa bookshop near the indian temple at rm220. and don have to travel in. just that i am looking for just the racket...hoping to get them in singapore.

13. Dandirom

Dandirom Regular Member

Computer Related
    I bought a Laser 6900 racquet last April and I can say that it's one of the best racquets I've ever had -- sadly, it got broken in a freak accident 2 months later. But the control is very good, in terms of net play and drop shots it's a match for yonex's best racquets. Smashing power is also very good and you don't really get the 'head-heavy' feel you get when holding the AT700. Incidentally, I'm using the AT700 now.

I got it for around US72.00 and it was worth it. The whip-lash action was magnified by the taper shaft giving you powerful smashes but you still have the solid feel during controlled shots. RSL is rather well-known here in the Philippines but the company needs to have better advertising -- having searched the internet, RSL Canada is the only RSL site I've found with at least a detailed description of the features of each racquet, unless you count this new zealand site I visited. Anyway, if given another chance, I would definitely get another Laser 6900. Last time I heard, all dealers were out of stock though.

14. guitar_pic

guitar_pic Regular Member

MIS Sales Consultant
    Not too bad

I was sent a Nova 9160 from the Philippines, and It's a pretty decent racket. Clears, drops and smashes are very acurate.

15. yvesjae

yvesjae New Member

Yep. prices of the new models have gone down. i recently purchased a 6800 for $69, got a 10% discount from Toby's.

16. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Seems like the review for the 6900 is very good...so tempted to get one also... :D

17. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Hmm...but rm220 is only special price for you right? so if we interested to get can only get through you i presume. :( But i havent seen this brand in singapore yet....if you want just the racquet can just i think they will deduct abit for you for the bag right? If not just get the package then sell me the bag lor? How's that? I offer 30RM for the bag....:D

18. aheng

aheng Regular Member

RSL6800 is really a nice racket!! i didnt realise its good when i use it for the first time, but when i use it at my second session, it become my lethal weapon! haha!:D

maybe i should try the RSL6900 longer b4 make the decision to sell :eek:
    maybe .... haha

19. surge

surge Regular Member

think shop just want business. i can get becos i go often to get shuttle. i am sure if you go and do a little bargain and get shuttle from them in future, they will recognise you as regular customer and give you special also. i have a brand new spare RSL bag. selling for $25.:D its a very good bag, not the usual free gift lousy bag.

20. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

How about we settle for $15?