RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Dont know...maybe he try already dont like then sell lor...anyway he selling quite expensive leh....like selling new racquet like that....

2. Erwin

Erwin Regular Member

RSL Canada, how would you define the 4900 as in flexibility/balance etc.?
    Unfortunately RSL doesn't really say much about it on their website...

Maybe you could test all their top of the range models (4700 and up, 5700 and up, 6800 and up), and supply us with some more info on their technologies.

Or maybe you could lend a few to Cooler and let him do his measurements-magic :)

3. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada
    Thanks for suggestion

I agree with you, but I shouldnot say anything to market stratage of other agent. In fact, I will sell 6800 and 6900 as the similar price....consider that, the price in Philippine seems some kind of high. Considering so big market there. Oops, I didnot say that.

That's the racquet worth that value and not easy to break.....and I will send free 6800 or 6900 to the clubs I supplied and sponsor elite players.

I hope they will start some program like you said."grassroots development programs " I like this name and idea.

4. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada
    I only use RSL 4900 for a short time, in my mind, it's flexible racquet. Balance, even.

I test 4800 4900 5900 X1, 6800 6900 in the top end range. I used to use 5900 as double racquet. I like 6800 immediately, so did some of A players in Quebec. In the technologies aspect, I think it is Taper shaft, which transfer contral and power to the frame, it did a great job. Another tech used to 6900 6800 is Poly-Matrix, which increase the strength, as my understanding.
    X1 is still some players favorite, super stiff.

THat's my opinion. Please tell me what you guy feel if you have one....
    6800 is double racquet, 6900 is more head heave, and great for single....I am testing 6900 in double play, just get different feeling, so great to attack....

Hope it help :)

5. jbosmd

jbosmd Regular Member

I'm currently using the RSL laser 6800, and it is true that my smashing power is increased as compared to my previous RSL 3200, it is probably due to the slight headheavy ba;lance and flexible shaft. An excellent racket to use for both doubles and singles.

6. jbosmd

jbosmd Regular Member

Hi! i'm currently using the new RSL laser 6800, i bought it for about $68, here in the philippines i would highly recommend it, slightly head heavy and relatively light especially for an intermediate player like myself. I used an ashaway XT-22 string and strung it to 25 lbs. I get excellent control and strong smashes whenever i need it. I recently bought RSL nova 6190 for about $64 here in the phil. I think its head light balance not so sure haven't strung it yet. I'd say RSL rackets are relatively cheap here as compared to Yonex rackets. A friend of mine bought the RSL laser 6900 and got it for $73 slightly heavier than my 6800 but great smashes and easy clears for him. (hehehe).

7. aheng

aheng Regular Member

very sorry for the late ~~ info, haha
    i checked already, RSL6800 = RM245, RSL6900 = RM265 (inclusive a 3 compartment RSL big bag, BG-66 string, karakal grip) exchange rate today (SGD$100 = RM230.50):D

i just go ahead and buy the RSL6900 after i tried both racket, which i have better feeling on it even though my original plan is to buy a racket for double games.

hope i make a right choice:D haha:)

8. surge

surge Regular Member

got mine laser 6900

hi,

didnt know there were discussion on the RSL laser 6900 and 6800. i just got mine from jb today. heres the story:

went there for some traditional thai massage( relax body after all the games) and get some shuttles.

before i paid for the shuttle, saw the RSL laser 6900 and 6800. took a closer look and realise its taper shaft ( similar to la fleche which i helped a friend bought in HK at S$130 w strings.) realise tons of technology stuff stated on the racket but dunno what they mean at all except taper shaft. there are: anti twist technology, wrinkle free, matrix carbon....most importantly...up to 28lbs. the racket costs RM$212 w BG66 and a big bag (very good quality one that i will be selling soon on BnS cos i already have a big bag.) and a lousy RSL grip. same price for 6800 and 6900. got the 6900 cos it feels head heavier ( which is what i was looking for, eyeing the armortec700 but the racket cant take 28lbs :mad: )

got the racket and strung it at 28lbs. then went back singapore for a game. the racket packs loads of power!!!! but at 28lbs, control was lacking, the drops were like **** but the smashes were superb!

during second game, i siwtch to my usual yonex Ti10yellow thinking that i wanna smash harder but too my dismay, the RSL smash better...

conclusion....am going to order another laser 6900....:D after tryiing it for some more games tomoro....keep your eyes on this thread. btw, the shop told me this models are rsl high end and very hard to sell in JB, i bought the only 6900 he has. going in next week for another 6900 or a 6800

FYI, i once got the victor zhaojianhua 3000 and felt it was better than Ti10red, then still ended up w the yonex. it may be my overexcitment but this racket even if not better than ti10yellow, its worth the rm200

#48 surge, Aug 10, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  9. vince_kan

vince_kan Regular Member

Where did you get it from?

10. aheng

aheng Regular Member

it seem like i bought very expensive already:crying: :crying:
    where u (surge) buy at jb ?? shop name?

i try the racket 6900 for some stroke for the 1st time yesterday for about 15min, not so used to it! but is quite good for smash.

i will try again at tis coming sun, hopefully can get the feel, if not ........
    i sell and get 6800:eek: haha

11. surge

surge Regular Member

eh,,,dont think la, just sell the racket to me la...hee....or i get the 6800 and trade w you also can la. cos the shop has no 6900 liao

12. aheng

aheng Regular Member

really!!?? dun tempt me:p
    but my racket strung @ 25lbs woh:confused:
    need me to change the tension for u?
    very interested :) hehe

13. surge

surge Regular Member

me quite interested for trade....how about you top up rm20 for the string change in jb. but hows the condition of the racket?

14. surge

surge Regular Member

some images for those interested

[​IMG]

dunno why wrinkle free.....not even a trousers...

[​IMG]

tapered shaft..what got me interested

[​IMG]

polycarbon for a stronger frame...

[​IMG]

28lbs...interesting to try!!!:D

[​IMG]

the racket looks good too!

15. surge

surge Regular Member

a 2nd update to this racket....after another hour of play today....i must say i like the racket...for its price...it is hard to beat!!! doesnt lose out to the Ti10 which costs twice as much! and can take higher tension! (though i thin 28lb is good to try but too much for me)

am getting another one...anyone wants mass order to get cheaper price? but for spore only....

16. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    what's the beauty about taper shaft?

17. surge

surge Regular Member

seriously, i also dunno. but sometime back there wsa this lafleche racket w a taper shaft in HK that many ppl say it was like the best racket ever make ( do a search in the forum and u will read a lot about it. and one of the main feature was the taper shaft. supposedly allows the racket to whip back much hardly...the thinner part of the shaft being push forward harder by the thicker part....

18. aheng

aheng Regular Member

as i say, until today i only use that racket to stroke about 15min b4 the games start. after tat i switch back to ns8k for more comfortable play .
    so i dare say its condition should be very very good and i only bought the racket @ 9/8/06 (national day).

as what i like to do is, we can meet at jb or sg, u examine the racket b4 deal! both happy situation preferred.

what i wan is a new RSL6800 , and i willing to top up u rm40:D
    i will pm u my hp number.thks:)

19. surge

surge Regular Member

hi RSLCANADA,

i am now using the 6900 for doubles and am very very happy w the performance.so much so that i have already bought 2 (one from a fellow BCer who decided to get the 6800 instead and sold me his 6900)over the weekend. it is now very tempting to get the 6800 since i play doubles and many 6800 users have shared of how good it is for doubles here on BC.

think quality of yonex rackets has gone down a lot and the paint job especially is terrible. wrap the grip around the cone of ti10yellow and whn i change grip, all the yonex words on the cone has peeled off. and took me awhile to choose from 5 new yonex rackets to get one without paint lumps on e frame. not that any of these affects the game, it just shows their quality control.

since you have tried both, would you mind sharing on e difference in play? thanks

thanks to RSL for producing such fine rackets at affordable price.

20. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Looks nice, u guys know where to get it in singapore?