Rowing argg

Discussion in 'ATHENS 2004 non-badminton events' started by V1lau, Aug 18, 2004.

1. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Everytime I wakeup, olympic rowing is on...I freaking hate olympic rowing, its so freaking boring. Let me commentate for you, The USA is rowing strong...o no the aussies are making a move, i think they are rowing faster? What is the USA going to do?...I think they are going to row faster! What the hell...just show who won...it doesn't need coverage in my opinion...I have yet to see anyone catchup or anything resembling intense action. boring..boring..boring....and CHINA stop CHOKING

2. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

sorry i put this in the wrong forum

my bad...i forgot to put this in non badminton event

3. rayeraye

rayeraye Regular Member

LOL! and they always have beach volleyball on too!:mad:

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, another boring event to watch;

serve, set, spike.
    repeat above

5. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i guess we all have our dislikes..personally i htink swimming can get kinda boring after watching people swim from one side to another over and over again.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    beach volleyball has the potential to be interesting. afterall, the setting is somewhat similar to badminton. too bad the players gets quite imprecise control over the ball unlike badminton, so it just bounce all over the place.

7. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I find rowing pretty interesting, it is both a mental and physical sport. I guess you can compare it to x-country except you use your arms and legs instead of just your legs. If you don't like rowing, I guess you don't like track, swimming, or any other races? It's pretty much the same thing..."Oh no USA is behind, what will he/she do? He/She should run/row/swim/ect faster..."

Volleyball is pretty cool. I enjoy watching both beach and uhhs...i dont really know what the other one is called.

#7 Joseph, Aug 18, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  8. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

I hate rowing because it is always on when I am trying to watch badminton, I don't like rowing because there is no variation, no intensity because all the races I have seen is just one team blowing away the rest. To tell you the truth I can barely stomach track and field. I really detest sports where you don't have any direct control over your opponents success...rowing, track and field, the only thing I hate more than that, is sports where you have judges to decide who wins...gymnastics, diving...no one is that much better than anyone else...just because someone just points their toes more than someone...they get the gold...weak...for some sick reason I don't care much for a great performance from those sports...but I live to watch the disasters :) :p

9. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    I disagree with that. I saw the Women's 3m Springboard Synchronized Diving event and the Chinese and Russian pairs were truly MUCH BETTER than the rest of their opponents. The Chinese duo of Guo Jingjing and Wu Minxia (notice how much her name sounds like former diving great, Fu Mingxia) were simply fantastic in terms of synchronization and the water disturbance was significantly less. I'm no diver but as a member of the audience, I could tell the difference bwt the Chinese' performance and the rest of the competitiors. Also, the Russians' last dive which earned them 82.sth points in the last round - that was truly something else.

10. rowingkvolleyba

rowingkvolleyba New Member

hi,
    i just came back rom crew practice and freind emailed this link to me as a joke. . IF U THINK ITS BORING DONT WATCH IT. we work our asses of and id love to see one of you race a 2000 meter in 3 mins, or erg 10 minute splits w/ 5000 meters. same w/ beach volleyball. You people dont know the physical and mental strenght you need to develop to take on those sports.

11. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P

Listen.. Its Only an opinion. If You Dont like it..don't pay attention to it ;)
    Dont take it too seriously..

12. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    You're replying to a thread where the last posting was 4 years ago. People's opinion change all the time.

-dave

13. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Ermm...people are just saying it's boring to watch, not that it's a wimpy sport. Cool down. I hate watching hockey and soccer, but playing them is completely different.

14. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Rowing is fantastic for fitness, but as a spectator sport it is quite lacking! Now if you could do something to attack or sink the other boat and their competitors then you will have +1 fan. :D

Beach volleyball - I wish they had 3 people and 4 bumps instead of 3 so it not so much serve, set, spike ... so it can be serve ,set ,spike or fake ,spike. And i think women's beach volleyball is awesome for different reasons.

15. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

Instead of 4 bumps, 2 bumps might be more interesting. The rallies would certainly last longer, and there would be a bit of carryover between sets of bumps.

eg since you only get 2 hits, on the first hit you need to defend and set. So if its a good shot, you will find it harder to defend, and the quality of the set would be lower, and so you will have a worse smash, and then they can attack harder etc etc.

16. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Wow actually thats kinda of interesting ... supremely difficult I would imagine as some of the guys have some crazy serve. I suspect it would be like mens tennis in that respect where the serve would be incredibly valuable.

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I quite like watching rowing. Maybe just because NZ is quite good at it... But really, some races really are intense! Even badminton can be quite boring if you don't have a favourite to win. I enjoy badminton most when I have someone to cheer for. Same goes for rowing. And this year, some of the races were incredibly close!