Roslin lost to TAM Kai Chuen !!

Discussion in '2001 Sudirman Cup / World Championships' started by Ricky, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Could someone confirm that I haven't read the result incorrectly ? Another big surprise today. As a HK citizen, this should be a good news to me - two HK team members enter the final 8 of men single in World Championships 2001 !

2. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    OMG... okay, Ronald Susilo is now leading Taufik 7-2 in the second game. He lost the first in a close 12-15. Could this be another upset? I dunno and I don't care. As a Singapore citizen, I consider Ronald to be INDONESIAN no matter what anyone else says.

Maybe the only sentimental attachment I have to Ronald is that he's 1)Candra's brother-in-law and 2)nearly my senior in junior college, if he hadn't decided to give that up for professional badminton.

3. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Nope. Taufik won two very close games 15-12, 15-12. Ronald getting better and better though... *applause* =P

4. iv

iv Guest

CONFIRMED

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Hong Kong boleh!

Already beaten best of China and Msia.

Obviously somebody lost because of shortage of match

practice.His coach was invited to have his player spar with

compatriots but he refused, I think his compatriots were

expecting this!

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    congradulation to the Hong Kong people. Dont want to be disrespectful to the HK people but china owns HK now, so, really, china had beaten malaysia in MS.

7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    It should be final 16, not final 8. Sorry for my mistake. However I do hope either Tam or Agus can goto the final 8 (so that I've chance to see them in StarSports tomorrow), although this is quite unlikely.

8. myc

myc Guest

this is expected. How can a player so self centered be smart enough to play and win consistantly?
    running in the middle of the night won't help.

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Frankly, I don't think player at fault, maybe boss.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Anybody can have a bad day. But a brilliant performance by Tam.
    Tam ai Chuen was singled out as a person capable of causing potential upset by none other than Misbun if I remember correctly from Star online.

11. Jason

Jason Guest

He has today....

12. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I never felt that Roslin was that good of a player anyway, i was wondering how he got to the top

13. Lpn

Lpn Guest

On the contrary, I think Roslin is a good player, and on his day he can beat anyone. Just because he was espected to win does not mean that he has to win. He got to the top because he WON tournaments,and prior to this, he has been making semis and quarters in most of the tournaments he took part in. He lost to TAM on a day where too much expectation was piled onto him, and his desire to win (as reflected from his determination during training) got the better of him.
    At least Malaysia depends on their on crop of players, unlike some countries who import as much talent as possible to boost up their winning chances. I hope the new IBF president will put a stop to this once and for all, Badminton is not Manchester United.

14. mbelinda

mbelinda Guest

Well I surely agree with you. Stop the import. They are not goods for sale but players. But if we were to look on the other aspects that are too many talented players from one country one might not always get the chance to play in tournaments.

As for Roslin, I was lost of words. Maybe he's too eager to win the crown rather than taking things one at a time just like what Ji said in Olympic. Or maybe it is a lessson to both him and his Misbun to not to be proud of just being seeded top and world number one. I don't think nobody ever projected that he will lost. This could be his worst nightmare.

And as for the other Malaysia shuttlers best of luck.

Malaysia Boleh !!!

15. myc

myc Guest

Tam is sure getting better and with more experience and stronger fighting spirit. I wish Roslin can at least do the same.

16. Al

Al Guest

I was expecting him to be kicked out of first round by Indian Gupta... not bad, he made it to the second round...