RIO Olympics - non-badminton events

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by kwun, Aug 9, 2016.

1. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Of course WADA has regulations, and can establish commission to deal with breach. But it has no authority over States, like the Russian State, and it has no tribunal.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're still confused.

Russia is a signatory to the Code. And again, you're still unclear what the Commission is set up for.

I repeat:-
    The role of the Commission is to establish: if there have been any breaches of World Anti-Doping Code or International Standard processes or rules by signatories to the Code; if there have been any breaches of rules by WADA-accredited laboratories; if there have been any breaches of anti-doping rules by athletes and their entourage members (including coaches, trainers and doctors); and, to gather information and explore whether sufficient evidence exists that could lead to sanctions against any individual or organization under rules of the World Anti-Doping Code.

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, I know that, and the Commission did exactly that.
    What you were complaining about was that the Commission did not follow the American court procedures. I told you that it did not have to, and could not have to.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Commission, like any judicial system whether American or anywhere in the world, has to follow due process and that's exactly what Ronald Katz is saying the Commission falls short of.

What is due process?

Conduct of legal proceedings strictly according to established principles and procedures, laid down to ensure fair trial for every accused. Because the infallibility of court judgments cannot be guaranteed, the legal system aims to secure this second-best but possible option. The guaranty of due process means no accused is punished without an orderly and adequate procedure that is applicable uniformly in all cases. Under a due process, every accused gets an advance notice of trial, and an opportunity to be present, to be heard, and to defend himself or herself.

It also includes the rights to (1) legal counsel, (2) confront and cross examine the witnesses, (3) refuse self-incriminating testimony, and (4) have a crime proven by proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/due-process.html#ixzz4KgOYPkLk

5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Justin, you just repeat the same arguments. Talking to you is like peeing in a violin, as we say.
    Wade does not have the authority or institutions to do a "due process", as you say. Katz specifically said that he is "using as an example the US legal system", saying that the WADA commission "lacks the basic due process required by the US court system."
    This is not to say that the commission was biased, or unfair, or did not have proof, or else. It means it is not in its status to do so. It has no authority to do so. And will never have. The Russian State cannot accept such a foreign authority. Even the US can't. The CIO just could not enforce the Commission strong statements - that's to tell you how strong WADA is.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Look who's talking.I should be saying that to you. I've been as tactful, patient and considerate as I can be.

Again for the second time, you're reduced to trading barbs. The last time you did it, I let it be as I thought you're not too unreasonable or obnoxious. Now you're at it again.

If what I've posted the last few responses aren't still crystal clear enough to you,surprisingly, forget it; I've better things to do.

#426 Justin L, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Clearly, you don't understand the expression. It means talking for no results.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  9. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Btw the FancyBear does post its mining results of those well-hidden dirt at its own website, just look around... site is still on until now.