Rexy will arrive on Thursday to work with men’s pairs

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by ants, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    TheStar

KUALA LUMPUR: Indonesian Rexy Mainaky will arrive here on Thursday to start work as the high performance coach of the Malaysian doubles players.

National chief coach Yap Kim Hock said yesterday that the future plan for the 37-year-old Rexy, whose contract with the English BA will expired on July 25, was to take complete charge of the men's doubles department.

“For now, Rexy and I will be in charge of the men's doubles players. I will decide on the number of players to come under his charge,” said Kim Hock.

“My main tasks are to plan, draw up strategies and analyse the team's performances.

“This is a lot of work. Rexy's presence will give me more time to do these.”

Rexy is expected to take charge of those earmarked for the next Olympic Games in Beijing while Kim Hock will deal with the seniors, including Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah.

Rexy, who has won the Olympic and world titles with Ricky Subagja, will fly in and get the chance to watch the pairs who make it to the second round of the Malaysian Open at Kuala Lumpur Badminton (KLBA) Stadium.

Malaysia will have four men's pairs competing in the World Championships in California next month – Chan Chong Ming-Koo Kien Keat, Ong Soon Hock-Tan Bin Shen, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Lin Woon Fui and Tan Fook-Chew Choon Eng.