Rexy had done a good job!!!!!Salute to him....

Discussion in 'Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008' started by reiko80, Jun 12, 2008.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think that's a rather naive point of view. Maybe you're a little giddy from MAS's success in the poorly attended SIN SS. I don't think anyone who knows the game well is too carried away with it.

Also, no need to knock CHN. Trust me, they can and will develop strong MD pairs to fill the top 16 in the next 2 years. Their MD situation is similar to MAS's in MS. After LCW, who else do they have that has anyone quaking in their boots? ..... exactly.

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Some guys here are a bit too optimistic about Malaysia, and some guys (well, one or two) a bit pessimistic. But then, it's always been like that here, hasn't it?

3. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Agree...That's the best part of badminton...or in other sports too...the life without badminton would be so boring heh.

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Rexy and MAS MD

I think it's clear that Rexy changed MAS MD. Most non-top MD pairs are indeed missing in this SIN open, but don't forget the top 2 MAS pairs are also not there. Since most "2nd level" MD pairs are indeed in the tournament, it's a good comparison of "backup" pairs all major badminton powers.

Rexy hasn't been very successful in improving the top pairs (but who was ever successful? It's very very hard to make an already top level pair stronger), but he has been very successful in building an army of 2nd level MDs for MAS. :D

It should be compared to what TSF did to INA MS. In fact, after 08, is it possible that MAS MD become like INA MS in the early 90s?

#64 ye333, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  5. olympic

olympic Regular Member

I wonder why CHN couldn't produce a few strong MD pairs like they did in other disciplines.They have so many world class players in MS,WS,WD&XD.MD is their weaklink for so many years already.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That's called "tradition"... :cool:

7. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    We disagree again, Pemuda, I see Malaysia winning the WC, OG and TC in the next ten years, but beyond that, I am not sure... I believe Chong Wei, CTF/LWW, WMC, KKK/TBH (in that order) are good contenders for gold at OG08.

However, our second tier and younger teams are worrisome. In ten years time, I think our chances at OG WC or TC glory is small.

8. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I believe it is because of the Chinese culture of putting singles above doubles. Lots of young players or young children are pushed by their parents to play singles instead of doubles. More prize money, no need to divide up prize money etc. In addition, I think Chinese badminton culture is inherently focussed on the MS component instead of MD, while Indonesia, Malaysia and Korea are more focussed on doubles. It is not because the Chinese teams are bad, rather, it is because the Malaysian, Indonesian and Korean (Denmark used to be on the list) are too good.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...totally agree...not naive lar...madbad...i mean in both quality and quatity...even if china produce one or two pairs to fill top 16 in 2 years time...it still like lcw vs china trio...get what i mean???...after beating cj,have bcl...after beating bcl,have lindan(with bcl as asisstance coach):(

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    where is ong soon hock?

Isnt he suppose to partner tan bin seng?

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They switch. Ong Soon Hock now with Hoon Thien How. Tan Bin Shen with Khoo CHung Kiat. But dont think it's permanent. They're experimenting.
    A with B, A with C, A with D.

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=22171&draw=6

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    They hv world clss MD also- CY/FHF. 1 pair only and its amongst the best pair in the world.Thats enough.

mas produce so many talented pairs, we see it in this SO. But how many pairs can really be the top pair in the world?

13. olympic

olympic Regular Member

I want to make it clear here that I have no intension to look down on CHN(in MD).My point is--why CHN couldn't produce more MD pairs (in a long term running),whereby they were so dominant in the MS,WS,WD and XD?

Yes,we can't deny that CY-FHF are one of the top pair in the world of currently.The fact is,other than CY-FHF or rather XZB-GZD,can you name any other pair in the CHN team,which can take over their place after their retirement?

CHN such a powerhouse in world of badminton for decades,have been producing so many world class players in MS,WS and even they were so impressive in WD and XD,but why not in MD?There would be no worrisome of who's going to take over the senior's place in those 4 departments (at least no worries for the upcoming 5 years).

It is kinda sad the lack of youngsters who could take over in the MD department will be go on and on.Until when?I don't know.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

No time now to visit the hair saloon to dye his hair due to his recent accident.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

MAS to win the WC, OG & TC in the coming ten years??? OOOOOk ... I will hold my breath then ;)

LCW, CTF/LWW, WMC, KKK/TBH good contenders for the gold in Beijing???

Errr ... sorry no, I gotta disagree.

CTF/LWW - have never won anything major. And in their advanced age now, I doubt they can keep up with the younger pairs.

WMC - I like her fighting spirit. But technique wise, she is a couple of rungs behind the chinese shuttlers. I see her making the semis at most.

KKK/TBH - I am sorry. This pair lost the plot after winning the AE. I predict an early exit for them in Beijing.

LCW - Yes, he have been showing good form of late. But I still think he will freeze in big tournaments. And in Beijing, LD's backyard, I doubt LCW have the mental toughness to hack it. A bronze or a silver at most.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    LCW is used to play under pressure in foreign countries. He is no Jaguh Kampung anymore. Yes he may have pressure playing in China. But i think Lindan will have the most pressure over there. Anyway i hope that LCW will do well in Beijing. He still have a chance to win the Gold.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

LD & pressure goes hand in hand. The trophies in his cabinet are ample proof that the man can hack it better than most.

LCW, again dont have the big titles LD have. And LCW have cracked before under pressure.

Beijing will be the testing ground.

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree with you. Hope he will do well and pass with flying colors.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I will add a little more .... I hope LCW will pass the test in Beijing (prove his doubters wrong, me included) and I HOPE our celebrations then would not spoil or pamper our shuttler.

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

LCW is more better in handling that than the young doubles
    pair in handling his fame...i trust..
    his biggest opponent is his ability to be consistent
    if he can do that....he will be near LD...