Reviews of Mizuno badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by leehsim, Dec 10, 2004.

1. sessyargc

sessyargc Regular Member

software engineer
    7kv-46003

Just got a 7KM-46003 because I lost one of my shoe :eek: (a 9KV-45003)

http://catalog.mizuno.co.jp/catalog...=1408474395181589&seFlg=1&bmUID=1107177899184

http://www.bbeshop.com/show/mizuno/shoes_7km46003.jpg

Its wide similar to the ergo Yonex shoes. Got two holes on the sole. Midcut design. White and silver color. Its a badminton specific shoe.

My foot is not as cramped now. My foot remains cool in it too. The fit at the are at the middle of the foot is awesome, this is the main reason why I bought it. I was also checking out the 7KM-51025, difference with the 46003 is that this model is also wide at that area (mid-foot) of the foot that is why i opted for the 46003. Ankle support is OK due to the midcut design. Grip on court is OK, definitely better than my 45003. Cushioning is adequate (I rarely do jump smashes, but I do tend to do hard lunges). I also feel that I am more stable during hard lunges, maybe due to lower height of the soles as compared to my old 45003.

The white color tends to get dirty fast specially the inside of my left foot (I'm right handed). The marks (black dirty spots) (re: Hole on Shoe??) that everyone is talking about are already showing.

Overall Im a satisfied and proud owner!

#21 sessyargc, Apr 2, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  2. sessyargc

sessyargc Regular Member

software engineer
    Wave Blocker 2 that I had was a 9KV-45003. Black and silver color.

3. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

Mizuno Wave II : 7KM-54062

New pair of Mizuno Badminton Shoes: Wave Gate II (7KM-54062) bought in Apr 2005 (Photo 1 and 2) and old pair : Wave Gate (7KM-34009) bought in 2004 (Photo 3 and 4)

Attached Files:

4. Slacker

Slacker Regular Member

Baddy Fanatic/Addict FULL-TIME!!!
    hi leehsim....yr size 26 available oredi ar??? :D guess u can write a review of it soon. anyway...u bought it at ranking ar?? n how much?? the shoes do look cool man!!!

5. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I booked my new pair of Wave Gate II (2005 stock) at Ranking bargained till S$65.00 but no delievery from WOS. I bought it at the same price at 10 & 10.

I bought the old pair of Wave Gate (2003 stock) at S$60 from the sport shop in Tampines Indoor Hall (also available at sport shop inHougang Indoor Hall)

6. sydney

sydney Regular Member

Mizuno Badminton shoes

Hi all, I bought my WAVE SMASH RP(7KM-41014) from shuttle-house (Japan) last year. I found it to be extremely light, flexible and cool(better ventilation). Best of all, it supports wide-feet! For those who are looking to buy Mizuno badminton shoes, I seriously recommend Shuttle-House which is based in Japan. They stock all the major badminton brands and have a website, http://shuttle-house.com which provides all the information you need and they will ship overseas (those of you in America, Europe, Asia -Pacific) and the service is very prompt and good. Another interesting thing is, they have a special discount depending on your purchase. Also, watch out for some of their clearance stock which is good value. I hope this information would be helpful to all our fellow Badminton fans.

p/s: They (Shuttle-house) also sent me a free shoe bag with their own funny badminton character called "Badminton Taro" when I received my shoe.

7. laserjet

laserjet Regular Member

For those in Singapore whose shoe size is 24cm, Sintec @ Tampines Telepark has one last pair of Mizuno Wave Gate I going for ~S$55!

8. White_trash

White_trash Regular Member

so you bought your shoes at shuttle house? What about the sizing? I reckon i need a shoe for a 26mm foot (27mm shoe, approximately US10). The sizes in the size selection in shuttle-house's website are in shoe-milimeters, right?

9. nana_bad

nana_bad Regular Member

Me too bought Wave Gate II(red), two weeks back.It is awesome shoe.. great control.Lasttime my knee pains... now the pain gone!!!!. I buy it from Mizuno showroom at Paragon around $70.

10. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
    Has anyone seen the following models? Will like to know the price and where you have seen it.

1. WAVE ANGLE R1 (7KM-52062)
    2. WAVE ANGLE R2 (7KM-46003)

Thanks

11. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
    what i meant is in Singapore. Thanks

12. White_trash

i've asked yonex's people and asics' people already... now it's time for the mizuno people. Which size of Mizuno Wave Gate II do you think i should get for my 26cm foot (the right foot is even a little smaller - like 25,5cm or something)?

27cm or 27,5cm? :confused:

P.S. are the sizes in the www.shuttle-house.com mizuno size selector shoe- or foot- sizes?

#32 White_trash, Aug 14, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  13. sydney

sydney Regular Member

Mizuno Shoe Size

Sorry about the slow response. I just came back from work. I did not use their shoe selector. My shoe size is 28.0cm for Mizuno although it was 28.5cm for a PUMA. So literally, US size 10.0 would be 28.0cm. The best is to use a "brannock" device which is readily available at most shoe stores that you go to. Just pretend that you want to buy a pair of shoes...and get them to measure your feet....then you should be alright. I hope that's helpful for you.

Cheers.

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Just remember Mizuno badminton shoes bearing any number after 7KM denotes the year, i.e, 7KM-54062 is a 2005 model, 44062 is a 2004 model. You should be able to get steeper discounts for 2004 and earlier years models.

15. White_trash

Firstly, i haven't seen such a device anywhere near where i'm living.

Secondly, it would not exactly solve my problem, because the sizes in shuttle-house page are in mms, not brannock's US sizes. I'd rather believe there is a strong correlation between the size of the foot in mms and the size of the shoe in mms.

Thirdly, perhaps someone can send me a top-down picture of a brannock device with the specifications how large the distances between numbers are, so i can "reconstruct" the device on paper?

P.S. what was your foot size in mms, sydney?

16. sydney

sydney Regular Member

Solution to your problems

Hi, first of all, my size is 28.0 cm. The Japanese uses the Metric system. So, 28.0 means 28 cm. Now, to resolve your problem, here's a link to download the Brannock chart which I had used for myself before I bought my pair of shoes from Shuttlehouse.

http://www.shoes.com/shop/mens_brannock.pdf

Print that out and you will have your own Brannock (paper) measure.

After that, look at this http://www.brannock.com/conversion.html
    for the conversion to Metric system.

I hope this solves your solution.

Cheers,

Sydney

17. White_trash

thanks, syd! I tried the paper version and it turned out i needed 9US/8.5UK - just as i thought. I mentioned somewhere in the forum previously that i had tried asics on and the 27cm/9US/42.5EU model was pretty tight. I guess i should go for mizuno size 9US anyway. :rolleyes:

18. White_trash

Sydney, what about that brannock heel-to-ball measure? Is there a paper version for that too? ;)

19. Pball

Pball Regular Member

WT - in addition to my PM.. the shoes I gave to my brother was Asics gels.. they were very light, but had less cushioning than my Mizuno now.. am not so sure about the model I got.. but the code is... 7KM-54025. I have moderately high arched feet and the cushioning is good. They are not are bouncy as say a K-swiss outdoor casual shoe.. but my right hip (play right handed) doesn't hurt anymore, unlike when I was using the Asic gel. (am about 75 kgs.)

to clarify.. and in fairness to the Asics.. I have torn both ACL and PCL in both my kness during my teens.. torn minisucs (?) and a lot of other injuries to my knees.. so the acis might provide adequate cushioning to most of the players who aren't injured like I am..

regards

20. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    i like using yonex badminton shoes but it's too expensive. so i found an alternative in mizuno. i'm getting a wave spike 8 this weekend. has anyone tried it?