Reviews For Affordable Rackets - Under $135

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Scrench, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Virtuoso pro is a fast frame but not the same as a brave sword

2. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Well for it's price at ~$70 it's a pretty good imitation lool

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

It's a good racket but unlike many Apacs it's not a clone.
    For the price it's good value for money, especially in Asia, it's much more expensive in UK

4. Daniel5567

Daniel5567 New Member

It seems that these racquets are only available in Thailand, Phillipines, Vietnam and Indonesia. I asked a friend to purchase two from Thailand.

#44 Daniel5567, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  5. elbe_

elbe_ Regular Member

Yehlex Woven 8000 - Amazing racket with lot of power and playability
    Bravesword 1700 - Easy to play and good power, good allrounder. suitable from beginners to the top
    Abroz Nano Power 9900 - Very light and little bit head heavy. If you like light and easy racket to play with

6. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Little update, more time spend with this racket.. its quite a decent control racket.. smash is not powerful but smash placement is good.

Bought this because I was curious of the yonex ax22 and ax55 but don't want to fork out the money.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

7. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Having tried a BS12L recently I think the Lethal 10 is pretty close to a BS12 Light, not the full fat BS12.

The (cough) poor (cough) Lethal 10 paint job is probably the reason for some of the comparisons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave1011 likes this.
  8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

There's no doubt the Lethal 10 was designed as a clone of BS12 due to the fast frame and colour of the original version.
    It looks better in some of the other colours now available.
    It's great value for money but doesn't have the feel of the BS12. Very few rackets do feel like BS12 which is why it's still in demand.

#48 Dave1011, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Ouchie likes this.
  9. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Totally second this (even though like, almost a year late). I play doubles in front (male) and have 2 Commander 10 both strung with Yonex BG66 @ 25lbs, always feel the backline clear is lacking. But up front it plays like nobody's business, to me anyway. Everything you mentioned about it is spot on too. Feel like it's a racquet that needs more recognition :p

missclicked likes this.
  10. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

Has anyone tried any of the lower-line Yonex Nanoflare series, the 270, 170, 160? Or a Victor Thruster TK-LF 30 F racket? It's Christmas time and I'm looking for a flexible 5U or 6U, isometric, 5G grip racket. I tried a Li Ning Turbocharge 75i but thought it was too stiff and lifeless, same thing with an Astrox 22. I'm currently using a H&L Gold Dragon that I love, 78g with string and single layer grip tape, flexible, but it can punish you with vibration from mishits, and the head has a lot of torque in it, always making me adjust my aim to get the shuttle to go where I want. I want a racket that is a direct replacement for it but without it's flaws.

Happy Holidays to my Badminton Brothers and Sisters All Over the World!

11. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

It looks like Abroz has gone full out with 6U, medium- medium/flex rackets, putting them exactly at the weight I like, 78-79 grams. Would anyone who has tried these please give us a review?

https://www.abroz.com/products

12. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

Reviving this thread to see what's out there in 2023 on a mid budget.

13. Godyu

Godyu New Member

try yonex play series, i tried 99play, 88d play, and arcsaber 11 play. All of them do their job perfectly for me, however i never tried the pro series, so i can’t compare them yet.

14. Chris88SG

Chris88SG Regular Member

My recent thread: https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...ing-this-racket-yonex-astrox-lite-27i.190941/

After some research online, I just bought it recently after reading about its rave reviews for a budget racket esp. from Badmintonracketreview.com, which can be used for both singles and doubles. Haven tried playing yet, hence am wondering any of you guys have any long-term playing experience with this racket. Greatly appreciate your comments and feedback. Thanks.

Link: https://badmintonracketreview.com/product/yonex-astrox-lite-27i-badminton-racket-review/

Background: After stopping for almost 2 decades from playing leisure and tournaments, my badminton bug was rekindled again after taking part in a recent company friendly games with a borrowed racket. In my early 50s already and I reckon I'd need a lightweight racket (with head heavy preference) for a start to slowly get back into the game esp. to avoid unnecessary injuries.

[​IMG]

15. Legitmeister

Legitmeister Regular Member

Product Designer
    If price is an issue, you should be able to get a variety of slightly older model mid/high end Yonex/Victor/Li-Ning rackets for $135 with string included ($30-50 shipping to US) from a lot of Hong Kong badminton sites.

You'll have to do some comparison between sites and messaging Instagram pages to find 3U/4U stock and best prices, some even do free shipping if you buy 2 rackets! It helped that I knew enough Chinese and Google translate to the rescue when WhatsApp messaging vendors on rackets available not mentioned on their sites/pages for a quicker response as well :)

#55 Legitmeister, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023