[Review] Victor TK-Yin 5U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, May 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Nothing much, my goal is to try at least 1 new racket per month to find my "Ultimate racket". The shop near my house restock TK-Yin and is raving about it and the owner keep bugging me to try so I decided to trade in my Jetspeed S12ii for it. All my current racket are "speed" type racket so I would try out the 5U version first, if it's too light or no power then the owner is willing to change to 4U version for free.

My current rackets (not including TK-Yin)
    Victor 100X power ring version (VBS 66 nano 26lbs)
    Venson 70X (Li-ning No.1 27 lbs)
    Jnice Black Panther 4U (Li-ning No.1 27 lbs)

I mainly plays doubles and play 6 days a week 2 hr per day.

These are all my notes while playing with the racket (Keep this in mind that I have around 12 hrs playtime with this racket)

Victor TK-Yin 5U Version
    Strung with BG 66 Ultimax at 26 lbs

Initial thoughts
    - Good looking racket, not mind blowing but looks good in hand.
    - Paint job is very similar to Ryuga but the color are black rather than white.
    - Light in hand while holding (it's 5U so yea)
    - Swinging is not as light compared to other 5U racket I've tried

Smashing Power
    - Racket is not very fast through the air (boxed frame design)
    - Smashing is lacking a bit, smashing power is lower than 100X. Shuttle speed that comes out of the smashing is noticeably slower than 100X and Jnice BP.
    - Half smash is easy to execute but the outcome is not as satisfying.
    - Unwanted vibration is lower than Ryuga (which is perfect)

Drives
    - Drives power is satisfying, and shuttle speed is decent coming out of the racket
    - Struggled in fast drives, slower racket head speed and feel sluggish

Netshots
    - tight net shots are easy to pull off because of head heavy nature of the racket.
    - Nothing note worthy, decent.

Defense
    - Good defense
    - Easy flick

Conclusion
    IMO, the racket in 5U version is meh.... The racket might be too light for me so I will change to 4U version and review it again. I don't think it is suitable for women either since the smashing power is lower than expected and it's not fast enough to be great is frontcourt either. The only good thing I can say is that the hitting feeling is good and mishit vibration is low too.

I welcome any questions and will answer it ASAP. If there are anything I missed, anyone is welcome to join and have conversation.

ToTo likes this.