[Review] Victor Jetspeed S12 ii

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I got my hands on Victor Jetspeed S12 ii for 1 month now. Don't really a lot of people using them so I took a shot and buy it 2nd hand and here's my thoughts on it.

My main rackets are Jnice Black Panther 4U (Exbolt63 27lbs)
    Spare Racket: Fleet Woven Pro 9900 (Exbolt63 27lbs)

String: Lining No.1 strung at 27.5 lbs
    Balance Point: 295mm (measured on Victor balance point machine thing..)
    Weight: 92.5 grams (with string and overgrip+cushion)
    Shaft stiffness: Medium-stiff (Similar to same stiffness as my Jnice)

Initial thoughts
    Paint and design: Looks normal and nothing noteworthy on designs, the paint chipped easily even though I didn't crash to any racket and on store it in the bag. The cap's paint chipped over time (which happens a lot in earlier model of free-core cap). Similar aerodynamic frame as BS12.

Swing: Super aerodynamic, easy to swing fast and feels like mid balanced racket. The shaft stiffness feels more flexible when you swing than bending with your hands.

Smashing Power: 7/10
    I would say the smash is "fast" but not "heavy", as the name suggest it's design for "speed". Due to the aerodynamic frame and mid balanced point you can swing super fast, though the smash is not as powerful as the Thruster series, the smash is enough to put pressure on your opponent and can easily go for net kills.

Control 6/10
    I'm struggling with the net shots with this racket. Maybe due to less vibration and feedback from the free-core, it's kinda hard for me to feel the "touch" required to make a sharp net shot. Drop shots are decent but still suffers from the same problem with the less feedback (I might need to take out the cushionvto feel more vibration).

Drives 9.5/10
    Fast drives with this racket is super fun, no joke. This racket is better than NF700 and NF800 in drives situations. The repulsion speed this racket gives is nice. With the aerodynamic frame, you can easily and swiftly lift your racket after the shot super fast to get ready for the next shot. The racket rebound fast as well, so it doesn't feel too "whippy"

Defense 9.5/10
    Defenses is easy with this racket. Since the racket is very easy to move around. I found myself using the drive-counter with this racket more easily compared to my BP. Crosscourt counter is easy too.

Ease of play: 10/10
    Clears (Backhand and forehand) are effortless. This racket doesn't tire your shoulder at all even with long rallies and a lot of smashes. Free-core helps with vibration dampening so the feedback from mishits doesn't cause elbow pain but the vibration is enough for you to feel yours smashes and clears.

All in all, this racket is made for front-court players, players who preferred drives rally, or defensive-minded players. The racket is beginner-friendly but if you come from a head-heavy, box frame racket. It will take time to adjust the timing. Don't expect heavy smashes from this racket. For players that preferred smashes, I would suggest going for the Thruster series instead.

If there're any questions feel free to ask. I apologize for my bad grammar and English.

jctai, Deepclean1122, Eskie and 6 others like this.
  2. Thehoilord

Thehoilord Regular Member

Thanks a lot for your review
    Im look forward to try js12ii but I dont have opportunity
    I wonder that if it compare to 88spro which racket will perform better in frontrole.

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Unfortunately, I haven't try the 88S pro yet but I've tried the previous-gen 88S. I would say 88S have more smashing power, a stiffer shaft and a bit slower air-speed compared to JetS12ii. JetS12ii is considerably easier to play than 88S and a lot more forgiving on mishits due to free-core so mishiting my smash doesn't hurt my elbow compared to 88S. Based on 88S that I've tried, If you're mainly front-court player that does not go to rear court for smashing much I would suggest you use JetS12ii. 88S is a better all-rounder IMO. In terms of control and smashing power 88S edges JetS12ii by abit.

Thehoilord likes this.
  4. Thehoilord

Thehoilord Regular Member

Thankyou for information now I have 88spro and nf700 looking for replace my 88spro with racket that can play front better I saw you log in from thailand would you mind if I wanna ask you more inbox?

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Sure krub i don't mind. Please inbox me.

6. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

Compare to your BP which will you prefer?

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I choose my racket depending on my partner. If my partner like to be on the front court more then I will choose BP since it got better smashes (Most of the time I play BP in mixed doubles). If my partner is a powerful smasher, I will go for Jetspeed since the interception is easier and mid-front court drive is easier with jetspeed.

Voltricfankido likes this.
  8. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

Thanks for your reply. I do have Jetspeed S12 ii as well.
    Love using the racket which allow me to drive quickly and defend easily. Only thing lacking from racket is the power smash. So am looking another racket to give me a little bit more power in smashing.

9. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

If price is not an issue, I would recommend TK-F SE.

10. Voltricfankido

Voltricfankido New Member

I have this racket too. It plays amazing in doubles where I play rounded both rear and front court. I don't have a very heavy smash but I did find that it's is more difficult to overpower opponents and win the point directly by body smashes alone. However, Touch and control is phenomenal. I had a great time being able to take the shuttle early as it opens up for more opportunities including my favorite quickly jumping in for lower net-kills which it's superb at with speed and precision. That being said, I do mostly agree that it favors more for the mid to front court players where the maneuverability, control, and speed is very dominant.

11. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

3u or 4u ?

12. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

4U

Deepclean1122 likes this.
  13. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

which one do u prefer this or HS?

14. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I preferred HS more. HS felt more solid and I can get better smash from HS while I still get the same mobility as Jet12ii.

15. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

owh, thanks man
    i reallly like your review

can i give u a suggestion?
    just in case there are people that always ask u about compare racket that you've tried before
    maybe in the end of your review you can give us your opinion about degree of all rackets you've tried

like HS>js10ii>90k that maybe?
    i just found that you already wrote like that in your review before
    but not in all your review

cheers :)

16. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I think slowly that form of judgement would get inaccurate as Zoap San improves in technique. Also the more reviews he makes, he will definitely forget about how the last racket felt.

17. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Exactly, I have been super into badminton lately so I have been taking intense classes and training so my thoughts on the previous racket will change as my skill and my swing mechanic change. Ranking them makes me super confused as well since I definitely forgot the feeling of the racket I've reviewed 2-3 months ago.

18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Did the JS12ii come without freecore initially?
    I have JS12ii with freecore and JS12 TD without freecore but have seen pictures of JS12ii without freecore too.

19. what07

what07 Regular Member

It came with solid color cap but still freecore. Similar to the first gens thrusters and 100x's

Dave1011 likes this.
  20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Ah right, thanks