[Review] Venson Ultra Woven 70X

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, May 15, 2022.

1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Most of you might not know this Chinese brand there are no exposure outside asia (I think? or maybe no one know this brand)

Venson is affordable racket maker that recently became very popular in Thailand, their rackets ranges from USD 100 - USD 20
    I've tried some of their racket and it's very good for it's price, they're basically just like APACS before they become popular outside SEA.

Venson Ultra Woven 70X is one of their top of the line "speed" type racket.

upload_2022-5-16_10-40-11.png
    I'm an anime fan but the poster is kinda sus lol.
    Specs
    Japan High Modulus Graphite (Mitsubishi)
    Balance Point :295+-3mm
    Length :675mm
    Tension :24-30lbs
    Weight :4U (82+-2g)
    Shaft Flex : Medium
    Swing weight without string and stock grip: 82.5 kg (same as 100X)
    Strung with: Li-Ning No.1 27lbs

I had around 12 hrs of play time with this racket now so I will review it. Just in case anyone here come to Thailand and wanted to buy one back home lol. This cheap too (USD 60).

Initial thoughts
    - Good looking racket (color is nice) and decent paint job
    - light in hand
    - fast head speed when swing
    - Super aerodynamic frame

After looking at the specs and swinging, my first thought is this racket is basically a more flexible Brave Sword 12.

Clear
    - Super Super easy to do back court clear
    - Easy back hand clear

Smashing Power
    - Decent smashing power, not a killer bullet but good enough to put pressure on opponent. Will need a lot of wrist power to generate smashing angle and power. Compared to 100X, 100X have better smashing power.
    Similar smashing power to BS12 but easier to pull off with more flexible racket.

Drive
    - This racket is a monster in drive situation. Super fast racket speed and good repulsion power. Faster than Jetspeed S12ii but little less repulsion.
    - fast drive exchange is super good, this racket is faster than 100X lol.

Defense
    - Good defense
    - Easy flick back with help of medium stiff shaft.

Netshot
    - This racket is not as stable as the top tier racket but it will get by.
    - Netshots are decent

I'm looking for a racket that is similar to 100X,and I found it in Venson 70X. Since I play doubles I need to be worry about racket crashing, playing with left-handers or new players have more chance of racket crashing so I now mainly use 70X with partner that I never played with before lol.

Conclusion
    Very very good racket for it's price. If you're coming to Thailand or currently live in Thailand. Give this racket a shot. This racket is basically BS12 but half price lol. Or anyone who have injuries, this racket is a good choice too since it's easy to play with.