Review of Yonex NBG99 and NBG95

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Nihal, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Hi all,
    Recently tried the NBG99 and NBG95 on my Astrox77 4u4 and here are my thoughts on it.

NBG95 - It is a 0.69mm string available in a few ranges of colors. I tried it on my Ax77 at 29lbs. The string was very powerful for a thick string considering its thickness, the durability is the advantage of this string, it provides the power and also has pretty good durability. Definitely recommend trying out this string but at least above 25lbs otherwise idts it will feel that repulsive.
    WHO IS IT FOR: I think it's for those players like me who train 10+ hours a week and need a string that won't break soon but also gives you the playability. Definitely recommend trying it out as people have different preferences on strings and rackets.
    My Ratings:
    Power - 3.5/5
    Control - 3/5
    Durability:5/5

NBG99: This is quite a unique string. I tried it at 28lbs on my Astrox77. Unlike the 95 which had a smoother coating, this has a rougher coating and somewhat a wet feel to it. It definitely excels in the control category with the rough coating giving you huge amounts of control but the power is somewhat less compared to the 95, the 99 has a more pitched sound than the 95 when we hit the shuttle.
    WHO IS IT FOR: Definitely not for the attacking players as the durability is comparatively less to the 95. More for the slice and defensive players or those seeking more bite or oomph onto the shuttle. Also suitable for those who train and play 10+ hours a week.
    My ratings:
    Power:3/5
    Control:5/5
    Durability:3.5/5

Hope this helps, just a quick tip. Do not choose a string based on reviews, reviews will help you get different perspectives of the string (or rackets) but everyone has different preferences.

Thanks a lot,
    Lots of time has gone into making this review, Hope you guys like this post.
    Post your queries below.