Reply from Li Mao

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by robin7, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

I think LD and LM were both unprofessional in the match.

LD should never throw his racket at a direction where there is someone. If that racket hitted LM, I think it is going to be court case. Very stupid thing to do even to vend his anger. Although I did broke several rackets in the past throwing my rackets on the floor. I never aim it at someone. I have to say that is a wrong thing to do even for myself.

LM should never protest or trying to put pressure on the umpire. As for the verbally abuse, if he did so(no idea what exactly did he said), then it is very unprofessional as a coach.

I think LD offence is a more serious offence of the two. Physical abuse is worse than verbal abuse, even though it is a miss, it is still an attempt. I think LD's fans is not going to like the outcome from BWF.

If LD play on without arguing, I would have salute him as a cool head cucumber that set an example as an idol. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Anyway, he could have won the match if he had been more offensive rather than playing rally with LHI when he is leading 23-22.

#221 hyun007, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  2. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I wouldn't call the players were exported to China. Many were driven out Indonesia by the government in the early 1960s :eek:

For the "Documentary- History of China Badminton" (in Chinese)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50768

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you Krisna, I also thought Tang was Indonesia-born but wasn't too sure.

Wasn't it Sukarno's anti-Communist policy that drove Indonesian-Chinese to China since China was the biggest Communist country posing the greatest threat to his regime. I wouldn't want to use the word "back" to China since those talented players were all born in Indonesia although their forefathers were born in China, like many in South-east Asia.

In a sense, these Indonesian-Chinese players who later taught badminton to the Chinese became an "indirect export" for Indonesia, until their return home to Indonesia to become coaches.

I wonder why they should want to return to Indonesia? Was it that living conditions in China were even worse off than in Indonesia at that time? Or the political climate became more endurable? Or that they want to return to more familiar surroundings with their families and friends in Indonesia?

However, Tang and Hou (?) returned back to China later, perhaps with the exception of Fang and Liang? :)

4. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

When did Tang Xianhu return to China the second time? Was it before or after the pogroms in May, 1998, targeting the Chinese Indonesians? I'm sure the **** and killing in 1998 had nothing to do with anti-Communist.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

No the 1997/1998 one wasnt abt Anti-Communist, but sorry, it's sensitive issue... maybe you PM the Indonesians better. Or google it...
    I mentioned it one time in one of the threads, Indonesia BCer werent happy..

6. Dougie

Dougie Regular Member

Buyer
    Disgraceful line call against LD in KO final

It does not matter how you phrase it.. Quite simply the line call given when LHI smashed "OUT" of court giving LD another match point was easily one of the worst cases of "cheating" I have ever witnessed.....If you "LM" can look at that call & argue it was the correct call "shame on you" you need to take a good look at the ethos in which you are coaching the game. Out is out no matter which country you play in...If you still believe this was a good call visit "YOU TUBE" & you will clearly see daylight between the shuttle & the line... If you are still in doubt "which you wont be" watch LHI's reaction to the call. He knew himself the shuttle was out. I waited until I could get a good look at the call until I made my mind up. I have no bias in either countries direction so unlike some replies I have read I try to make my reply an honest reflection of what I see in fact what we all saw..I read in a previous post somewhere that maybe it is time for SS events to be line judged by impartial individuals. Watching this charade it appears the time has now come when certain associations must be taken to task.....as blatant "CHEATING" has no place in our sport:mad:

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It was Suharto, with strong support from the US and to a lesser extent Australia, who went on a killer witch-hunt to kill off the communist party members in Indonesia. Many Chinese were killed, many fled as they were being hunted down by Muslim death squads. The occupation of East Timor was also part of the US-encouraged strategy.

8. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    Sukarno was very "close" to the communist countries likes Soviet & China. if I'm not wrong, Sukarno admired Zhou En Lai

#228 Winston_T, Feb 11, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  9. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    correct information!

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I think both you and taneepak remembered those events much better than me. ;)

Recently, when President Suharto died, some mention was made in the media about his anti-Communist policies and in fact it appeared that it was President Sukarno's daughter, President Megawati, who initiated the relaxation of some of those strict policies which now enabled the Indonesian Chinese to practise more of their own culture, including the celebration of the Lunar New Year in the open. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.