Replacing Yonex original grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by HolyAwe, Mar 2, 2022.

1. HolyAwe

HolyAwe Regular Member

Hello I have always been using the Yonex factory-default grip of my G4 Nanoflare 800 without any overgrips and pretty happy about the grip size and feel. This default grip has been slowly wearing out as expected and I am looking at replacing this without changing the grip size and hopefully feel.

Anyone know if the Yonex factory default grip can be bought standalone as replacements? If yes then what is the model number please? And if not what do you guys suggest I can do instead? I have heard about using cushion craps such as Victor GR-50 and Yonex AC380 and put overgrips on top. Would this be the way forward?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Arief

Arief Regular Member

Cushion wrap is the way to go.

I used to face the same problem, wanting to replace the original grip without changing the grip size and feel. I tried many grips but just couldn't get the same feel.

The good thing about cushion wrap is that it's very thin. You can fine tune the thickness up to your liking.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

3. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Yonex Hi Soft Grip AC420EX is an option for replacing the entire grip.

4. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

If you're going the route of cushion wrap, I wouldn't buy the ones from Victor or Yonex. Find 'foam underwrap' its a lot cheaper and its the same stuff as the cushion wrap from Yonex and Victor.

Budi likes this.
  5. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    AC-117EX looks EXACTLY like the original factory grip. Google it. Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

6. Pyprohly

Pyprohly New Member

The AC117EX “Leather Grip” is actually a wave grip and it says “Wave Grap” on the back of the packet, so it’s nothing like the original factory grip.

It seems to me like the AC11* grips are for tennis and AC12* grips are for badminton.

7. Kay Farooq

Kay Farooq Regular Member

I think it's the yonex basic ns grip that is a factory replacement for nanospeeds. @1.4mm thick the only other grip that thick is the wilson feather lite.

8. Din Lan

Din Lan New Member

I read somewhere that the Yonex AC 119B Super Leather NS Grip is used on all new Yonex racquets.