Replacing Slim-10. Ti Swing Power SR or SS?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Tommi, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Tommi

Tommi Guest

Just broke my slim-10, and I am looking for a racket to replace it with. Would
    Ti Swing Power SR/SS do the job? I'd like to get a little bit of more power than there is with Slim-10, with lots of control though. Which version, the SR or the SS, would be better?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Actually, I'd suggest you check out the Forza Ti Tech 1200 or 1600. Both are VERY similar to the Slim-10, but they are long racquets which give you that little extra power.

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

why not HiQua? they have a slim 1000. supposed to be super stiff and u get all U's in it!

Actually they are also OEM's of YONEX. so i guess they know what and they give u life time warranty mate!

I saw thi site today and i think they might be really worth it!

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    HiQua may be fine, but they're not readily available in Finland, where I believe Tommi is based. Besides, it is incorrect to infer that the HiQua Slim-10 would be anything like the Yonex Slim-10 just because the names are similar. In fact, the HiQua Slim-10 is not even an isometric racquet...

5. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    hey mag, how mcuh are the forza 1200's and 1600's?

6. Tuan

Tuan Guest

Go with the SS. the SR is a little too light and won't generate as much power (at least it doesn't for me...) I currently use the SX and its wonderful for power and control.

7. VINCENT

VINCENT Regular Member

Clerk
    I agree with Tuan. I used to play with Slim-10, but now I am in love with Ti Swing Power SS.

8. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

U got me wrong mate!

I said Hi qua slim 1000. That is just like the Yonex version witha balance point somewhere arnd 275-285 MM(head light) by my standards atleast.

The Hi qua slim 10 Is Oval shaped racket.So i would never suggest it mate!

Hey as to forza would u still recommend it after all those manufacturing problems! I think he could stick to SX ot SR. Never SS pls. I have it adn i strongly recommend it only if u want something head light adn not stiff!

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Forza

I have no clue abt the prices in Sweden, But then i came across thsi site which is giving a lot of discounts to their products!

http://www.lardesports.com/sommaire.htm they sell a lot of diff equipment and aslo check out their sale.

10. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Re: U got me wrong mate!

Sorry about that, Yogi. I looked at the HiQua web site, and there's no Slim-1000 there so I assumed it was a typo. But as to the balance, I find it rather odd that HiQua states the same balance for all their models, 275-285 mm... Which is EXTREMELY head light.

I would still recommend Forza. There was a bad batch of 1100:s floating around - I was unlucky... In fact, now I'm actually even more impressed having demo'ed all the current models. The 600, the 1200 and the 1600 are as good as it gets, if you ask me.

11. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Cool

Hey actually it is Hi qua 1000. But if u click the details they call it Slim 1000. I guess that is the confusion.

Hey have u tried teh 1400 and teh 1600. What abt the super slim 24000 and stuff like that. I think teh forza site is down. I have been trying to se their new thing but then..

www.forza-fz.dk

12. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Forza and Hi-Qua are built in same factory

Early in the year I e-mailed Hi-Qua and they told me that their factory also makes a number of other brands, including Forzas and some of Victor's racquets.

13. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Re: Forza and Hi-Qua are built in same factory

Yes, I remember this, and I'm sure HiQua's products are fine, but my point was that recommending a brand (HiQua) that is more or less impossible to find outside North America to somebody with a Finnish e-mail address is probably not helpful... The reason I recommended Forza is, apart from that they have some models that are similar to the Slim-10, that it is readily availble in Finland.

And as to the factory, we know this is common, and somebody even claimed that this factory makes racquets for Yonex. However, this does not mean that the different brands have ANY similarities. I that at least Forza have their own forms and frame designs, and quality of materials differ, etc etc. Just because two brands use the same factory doesn't mean they have the same products with different paint. For instance, if you look at this years (or last years for that matter) Forza models it is obvious that HiQua is lagging behind, technology-wise.

(And yes, I've tried the 1400, the 1600, and the 1800. In fact, I liked the 1600 so much I decided to get it. The 1400 was too head light, even for my taste, and there seems to be no significant difference between the 1600 and 1800. Both are long, light, balanced and feel extremely good in both control and power. Plus they actually feel solid, although they are slim frames.)

14. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Recommended retail price here in Sweden is 1299 SEK (ca 120 USD) for the 1200 and 1599 SEK (ca 150 USD) for the 1600. That is by no means cheap, but it is to be compared to for instance a Yonex MP-77 which is 1599 SEK here and the MP-100 which is about 2000 SEK. And I would happily switch my MP-100 for another 1600.

Don't know about Forza prices in other countries. Should be lower though, in most places.

15. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Clones!

I kind of disagree! If u see u the Hi qua range tehy have a exact replica of the AR 110 and a Cab 880 tour and teh cab 20.

They also have a SLIM 1000 and Iso 900 kind of thing.