Replacement Racket for Jetspeed S10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Luxtar23, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Luxtar23

Luxtar23 New Member

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask what current rackets would be comparable to a Victor Jetspeed s10 4u from any brand as I have just broke the racket and can't source another one where I live.

Something that is as manoeuvrable as the s10 but not too head light as I do quite like the solid feel of the s10 with decent power in clears and smashes despite it being marketed as a head light racket. I am generally not a fan of high-flex rackets or very head light rackets either as they feel somewhat "hollow" when playing shots and I can't really make out how well I have hit the shuttle.

Anyone who has played with the s10 and moved onto something else please feel free to share your experiences.

I am mainly a men's doubles player.

Currently considering options like nanoflare 800 or a 100zz 4u but not sure if they are actually comparable to a Jetspeed s10.

yenyesoh and Dave1011 like this.
  2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The JS10 is a tough one to replace.
    The nearest I have found is the Adidas Kalkul A5, others to consider are the Auraspeed 90s which has a little more flex or 90k which is a little more head heavy.
    The Li Ning TC range are also good but not quite the same feel.

3. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

The Nanoflare 800 sounds exactly like what you're looking for. Big recommend. It's one of my favorites at the moment.

yenyesoh, Dave1011 and Sainttoo like this.
  4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The NF800 fits the spec well but has a very different feel to JS10.
    I'm sure the adjustment wouldn't take long though

yenyesoh likes this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I had a chance to test pretty much the whole current Yonex lineup and the NF800 was the one that stood out for me immediately. It doesn't feel exactly the same as the JS10 (no other racket does!), but there are similarities. And I LOVED that it doesn't have any kind of "holding feel" but instead the shuttle seems to be bouncing off it immediately.

The AX100ZZ also doesn't have any noticeable holding feel, but I found it to be more head heavy and somehow very, very unforgiving overall. The difference between "amazing" and "horrible" feels to be a matter of hitting or missing the sweet spot by a couple millimeters.

On a side note - have you checked the available online shops regarding stock for the JS10? At least in Europe, you can still find quite a lot of them - both original color and the Q.

Dave1011 likes this.
  6. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I actually have a 4u S10q. I live in Perth and wouldn't mind sending it to you it you cover the cost to send It to NZ

Dave1011 likes this.
  7. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

It's brand new and hasn't been Strung either.

EDIT: It's been sold

#7 NickifiedNg, Apr 18, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    Dave1011 likes this.