Replacement for Victor P9300

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ucantseeme, Oct 27, 2019.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello guys.

After I went through 2 pairs of P9200, and my actual P9300 in a couple years, I need new shoes. I don't want any Yonex shoe. I owned 2 pair Yonex in the past and don't want them because of durability and less stability compared to Victor. Li-Ning mostly have the TD versions here and I need a stable shoe with good cushion which get offered by the P9200 and P9300 pretty well.

Now I think about buying the P9300 again because it deserved me well or be torn between a P9210 or A922, because I want something newer. I have wider feet than usual, but nothing strange or extreme. Any insights would be useful for my choice. Thanks in advance.

2. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Did you try the LN Ranger 4 and the 4TD versions?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I read few comment about current Lining sole (translucent/bionic/something) being grippy at 1st but become slippery after few usage.
    Tho few of my friend testify that Victor shoes also had slippery issue & prefer Lining over Victor. Yet i cant find any discussion about victor being slippery.

4. ZSpeedFreak

ZSpeedFreak New Member

House Husband
    Try the Victor SHA960. Been using it for more than a year now and have no issues with it slipping. IMO its outsole has awesome grip and cushioning is the best. (Although the forefoot cushioning could need a bit more)

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

mind to tell me on what floor you play?
    I put doubt on Lining coz of many slippery issue discussion i found. Interest on Victor but then few of my friend tell me Victor even worst than Lining, tho im unable to find any discussion about Victor being slippery.
    The possibility i can think is
    1. Victor outsole not suit for wood floor where my friend play the most.
    2. Their experience is around 2-3 years ago. Might be the old issue which possibly fixed now, but idk still cant find any topic about it.
    3. Or maybe my friend get the old model & the rubber is half dead already.

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I played with Victor shoes in around 50 different halls and never got any slipping issues related on the shoes and I'm not light like a feather. If I slipped, anybody else and this was based on bad conditions like dusty/dirty floors or a hall got a wrong cleaning with a coating and I used around 7 Victor pairs during this time and never experienced that they slip more than Yonex, Asics or Adidas.

7. phantan123

phantan123 Regular Member

I would also like know others opinion on these high end victor shoes as well as im looking forward to getting them. Before doing my research on victor shoes, i was mainly a yonex fanboy but after having found out that even their high end models (commercial ones anyways) have very bad insoles and their comfort doesnt match victors i knew i just had to get one to try out.
    Im torn between the P9210 and the A960. From my research i would have just choose the P9210 just because the P series usually have more support and cushioning but the A960 is receiving good praise also. I did check the A960 thread but so far none of the users compared it to the other P series shoes so im curious.

8. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    I own both Victor A960 and P8510, I must say that both of them have fantastic grip (Both have colored outsoles) even when i play in dirty/ dusty court.

On cushioning, i feel that P series have more cushioning because my feet feel less sore whenever i wear P series compare to A series. But this is my personal experience, others might feel/ experience otherwise.

Durability wise, A960 material quality is amazing. I own this shoes for more than a year without any sign of tear on fabric or wear on the soles. On the contrary my P8510 has some small chips on the paint in the back heel area after 3-4 months. I regularly play 3 times a week for about 3 hours for every session.

ucantseeme and ZSpeedFreak like this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Difficult task, once again. I'm still loving my P9200 and I hope I can keep them alive through the current season. If I had to buy my next pair, I would either simply stick with the 9200 or move over to the 9300, depending on which would be easier to get. There is nothing that I don't like about the 9200, so why change a running system?

The only alternative I would have a closer look at would be the Wucht P7.1 from Adidas (https://www.smoof.de/adidas-wucht-p7-1-maroon.html). Performance and grip wise, I loved the Wucht P8 shoes - in fact they had the grippiest sole I have ever seen. And if the 7.1 has the same sole and fit and gets rid of the constantly disintegrating Boost cushioning, those could be great shoes.

ucantseeme likes this.
  10. ZSpeedFreak

ZSpeedFreak New Member

House Husband
    Hello Budi!
    I usually play on a rubberized court and have tried playing with it on a cement court and had no issues whatsoever. I was able to play a couple of times on a wooden court and still its grip held up well.

wjsutanto likes this.
  11. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Kinda wonder myself, when googling around for good/best badminton shoes, Victor rarely come up in the list.
    Yonex is the most like owning the list, but its as expected as its a well known brand & many of us will refer badminton as Yonex itself.
    Lining, Asics, Babolat, Adidas still showing up 1 or 2 from the list but Victor never in the list.

12. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    I know right? Based on my experience, victor shoes have more of the same quality and are much more durable than Yonex's.

My guess is that their distribution in English speaking countries is not that prevalent. Can someone confirm this?

ucantseeme likes this.
  13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    The P9200 worn out inside at the toes quickly, same as the S80 for me. Also the mesh at the sides of the right shoe torn after a half year. The P9300 hadn't this problem and also a better climate for my feet. I think I will pull the trigger again on the P9300. The P9500 won't arrive before May 2020 in Europe and I can't wait a half year for shoes.

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I pulled the trigger again on the 9300. Side by side the new ones are 5mm higher, so the cushion on the old ones is worn out. Anything else must be imported, so sticking with something good is better than chasing the better.

s_mair likes this.
  15. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    May I ask where you ordered the shoes from? Tennistown?

16. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Can’t decide between victor p9200 and p9210 shoes. Could anyone pls quickly confirm if p9210 provides a good ankle support? I actually twisted my ankle 2 times in quick succession so definitely need the best ankle support and grip shoe.. pls recommend..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Any comments? Or any other brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. TongYunLo

TongYunLo New Member

I've never used the 9200, but I believe the 9210 is the newer version of the 9200. I've used P9300. It's a good shoe, has a V-shaped toe box. It's a bit narrow for me as I have wider than normal feet. I recently bought the P9500 and am waiting to get those shipped to me. Honestly, any of the Victor P series are extremely stable and have great cushioning. I also haven't torn any of the Victor shoes, whereas, I tear every single one of my Yonex shoes.

I tend to stay away from Yonex as I haven't had any good experience with them and it seems like they are trending towards the sock style shoe which doesn't provide any support for your ankles.

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  19. jayv1

jayv1 New Member

Hi there,

I'm in search for a new pair of 'support/stability' shoes and P9500 is a candidate. May I ask what's your experience like with them so far? Comparison with any other shoes you've used in the past?

If anyone else has used or tried on the p9500 and have some input that'd be great.
    Thanks in advance!

20. TongYunLo

TongYunLo New Member

Hey javy1,

I've used the P9500 3 - 4 times now and I can certainly say they are my new favorite and go-to shoe. The stability is amazing, very similar to the P9300. I don't have any fear of rolling my ankle. I also feel that it's quite light. I'd suggest you go with your true to size shoe size as you don't want a shoe that's too large which could cause your foot to move/slip when lunging. There's a good amount of cushioning in the shoe, but for optimal performance, I recommend replacing the factory insole as it's flimsy. You can replace it with other Victor insoles or any other brand of insoles.

I've used the Victor P9300, SHA-830, Yonex Power cushions. I've decided to stick with Victor shoes as I get good stability, durability, and longevity out of them. The P9300 is/was a great shoe, except the fact the toe box is a V-shape, whereas the P9500 toe box is more U-shaped which works well for people who have wider feet. I have wide feet and this shoe is extremely comfortable for me.

Overall, I've been very impressed with this shoe. I'm thinking about buying another pair as I like it so much. This is a high-end shoe and the performance is worth the price. Personally, shoes in badminton are essential and I don't suggest going for cheaper options.

jayv1 likes this.