Replacement for nanospeed 9900?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by quahjarrod, Jan 18, 2023.

1. quahjarrod

quahjarrod Regular Member

Hi I've been playing with my yonex nanospeed 9900 for 10+ years but it finally broke :(..

What would be a similar racquet to nanospeed 9900 nowadays?

2. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

The current Nanoflare series are supposed to succeed the old nanospeed range. Maybe give the Nf700 or nf800 a hit.

Or else Astrox 77pro or Arcsaber 11pro are newer alternatives

3. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Nanoflare 800. It comes in 3u and 4u.

4. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Nanoflare 800 in 3U would be the most similar to your Nanospeed 9900. In fact, my friend already has a Nanoflare 800 in 3U and will be getting a used Nanospeed 9900 in good condition soon. Once my friend gets it, I can ask his opinion about the two rackets and post it here.

Until then test as many rackets to see which you like. Who knows maybe you like the newer rackets that are completely different head weight compared to the Nanospeed 9900.

5. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I have a Nanospeed 9900 in I think G3 size grip

Since then I have used Nanoray 800's

And Nanoflare 800LT.

It's not exactly the same, and the profile / proportions of Nanoflare 800LT took a bit of getting used to.

Nanoflare 800LT is lighter, overall has a slimmer shaft (very much like the astrox100zz or the voltric z force) and a smaller head too.
    Nanoflare 800LT ultimately gave me elbow pain, but it was very fun to play with.

Make sure you absolutely still want an extra stiff flex before committing to a Nanoflare 800 (or 800LT).

-
    There are lots of Nanorays and nanoflares in production currently, they just won't feel exactly the same as the NS9900 because they have either got "longer handles" or smaller heads on a lot of the top end. And the ones that aren't top end won't be extra stiff flex.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  6. quahjarrod

quahjarrod Regular Member

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I bought a nanoflare 800. You are right, not exactly the same as nanospeed 9900 but it's pretty similar

BadmintonDave and pootisfoib like this.
  7. Chris Haynes

Chris Haynes Regular Member

Stock controller auto
    I
    played with the nanospeed 9900 in fact on had 7 of them in my bag, and I was looking for a replacement, which after trying several different rackets, voltric glanz, Zf2,Astrox 100zz , nanoflare 800 4 u,and finally the nanoflare 800 3u is my favourite.
    It’s not as powerful or as quick and you have to slow your arm down and relax and it is a bit more stiff than the nf800 but it’s a good replacement.
    Using aerobite boost 27 hope you enjoy.
    I am also trying out the Victor Thruster F Enhanced edition, which I believe will play totally different, what this space.