Replacement for N9II

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Berniste, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Berniste

Berniste New Member

Hello everyone, i am a low intermediate player and i am currently playing with N9II, i like it as it helps me with power, but i am struggling with lack of manoeuverability in defense and in drive :(

Also i am looking for a racket with th same caracteristics but less head heavier i think ? i tried N7II but too stiff for me i couldn't bend it enough to have steep smashes. So i'd like an all-around (i play simple and double) racket that i can manoeuver but with correct power... do you guys have any recommandation ?

thanks you a lot !

2. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Astrox 77 stiffness and head heaviness more or less the same with n9ii, you can get the 4u so its more manouverable and easier to defense and drive?

boby likes this.
  3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

The N9II is already pretty fast as it is, but is is a 3u weight racket. Like above me, perhaps a 4u racket like the astrox 7 or 77 (similar flex and balance as the n9ii) would work for you. They are 5 grams lighter and might help you out a little.

4. Berniste

Berniste New Member

ok thanks you for your advice. Do you know if duora 7 is stiffer than these rackets ? i would try it out too

5. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

6. Jx_G

Jx_G Regular Member

D7 is heavy, actually it is the heaviest among all 3U Duoras. Some people may think it is light just because its balance point is relatively low. If you are not happy with the manoeuverability of N9II, just do not consider about D7.
    My opinion is either 4U Astrox like 7 and 77(Blue) or Victor JS10, 11, 12/BS12/AS80. It would be better if you could have chance to try them. If you still think they are not smart enough, you should either improve your power or try some ultra light racket like WS72, Astrox 22, 3D 900I.

7. mtieu

mtieu Regular Member

Sales Manager
    You could try the Li Ning Turbocharging 75B or 70B. The 75B is the newer version of N9II but they made it less head heavy, it used to be 298mm bp and now its 295mm, the same bp as the N7II but with the medium flex shaft of the N9II. The 70B is medium flex shaft with 285mm bp making it more even balance than head heavy.

8. llrr

llrr Regular Member

BS12 would be perfect for you

swsh likes this.
  9. False Catalyst

False Catalyst New Member

Student
    i also use an N9ii, and I want something stiffer, I narrowed down my choices to the ZF2 and the JS10Q. As I've tried my friend's 4u ZF2 to actually be fast enough for front court doubles, and i heard that the JS10 is one of the fastest rackets around with sufficient power. Which one of these 2 would you guys recommend? Which one of them is stiffer? I usually play doubles at the front and singles, I try to be more of the clever guy rather than being an aggressive beast

10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

JS10, especially for front court. AX88S should also work quite well

11. boby

boby Regular Member

If n9ii similar with ax88d 3U5,

the lack of manoeuvres ability for defense or others issues must be paid for almost double player with low of physical strength when use 3U HH racket.

Spare/backup vtzf2, ax88d, (maybe nf700) or any HH 4U5 size from YY, Victor, linning, or others brand. You'll feel better for manoeuvre without sacrificing power shot from baseline too much.

There's nothing wrong with the racket, so keep it for sometimes until your physical strengths increase, Like FHF or tontowi whose can handle n9ii easily. :)

12. False Catalyst

Student
    Indeed I don’t have the best physical strength, so I’ll stay away from 3uHH rackets for now, but I’m keeping my N9ii until I’m worthy of it. I’m thinking of getting the JS10Q, but I heard all sorts of issues of frame sinking and premature breaks from posts from a year ago, you think they fixed those already?

kenner30 likes this.
  13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

My advice: Don't even bother thinking about buying a JS10Q. At first, there's the sinking issue that Victor clearly hasn't fixed yet. They needed to change the whole frame structure which means that it will be almost impossible to fully fix that issue and still keeping the specs and feel of the original racket.

Second, and imo even more important, the JS10Q is a very, very stiff racket with a very, very small head. Which in combination is in fact the most unforgiving combination you can have in a badminton racket. I own both an original JS10 and an N9II, and if you're currently lacking the physical strength to wield a (user friendly) N9II, then forget about that JS10 right away. It's an awesome racket if you have the needed explosive swing to make the shaft bend and the precision to hit the small sweet spot consistently, but if one of both is lacking, the JS10 will bite your head off with either zero power on smashes or a lacking precision. And if you're lucky, you get both in combination.

EDIT:
    Just read again in the OP that the N7II has already felt too stiff for you. I own (and like) that one too and compared to the JS10, I would describe the N7II as "medium stiff" at maximum.

#13 s_mair, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    alexnd2008 likes this.
  14. False Catalyst

Student
    Thanks for the insightful advice, maybe I’ll just get some tried and tested Yonex frames such as the DZS or the ZF2 both in 4u

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Power & speed is like 2 side left & right. You cant see both left & right at the same times. When your eye goes to left, your see less right area, so does for your power & speed.

You satisfy with your power using N9ii with its head heavy & stiffness spec, but feel so bad on speed performance. Moving to lighter one (may it from 3U to 4U or less head heavy) definitely improve your speed, but at the same times you lose some power.

So, would you be able to accept the fact you will hit less harder but faster, or goes for physical training instead.

Or try to hold your racket shorter, closer to the cone when fast bird on a play (sometimes my finger or thumb touch the cone itself when i need even more speed). The closer your hand to the cone, less head heavy you get & faster manouver for sure. But it need alot of practice if you not used to it as your racket length would become longer or shorter. If not used with that you will miss hit alot. Your body have to remember where your hand & know is it short or long then time your hit.

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Mate, no offense, but is there a reason why you pick all those super unforgiving and stiff rackets? :p
    IMO you would be far better off with a more flexible racket like the already mentioned AX77 or AX88S oder 88D (in 4U!).

alexnd2008 likes this.
  17. llrr

llrr Regular Member

If you have trouble using N9ii, don't try dzs or zf2.

18. False Catalyst

Student
    Oh I don't have any problems playing with stiff shafts, It's just that I probably don't gel with my N9ii. I've tried countless stiff rackets borrowed from my friends. i.e. 4UZF2 and Arc10 and I was able to generate power with them.

19. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Oh ok so basically you're finding N9ii too flexible then.

20. False Catalyst

Student
    pretty much yeah, that's why i said earlier i want something stiffer