repair an old racket

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Kosstik, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Kosstik

Kosstik New Member

Hey guys,
    i want to repair my fathers old racket (talbot torro combat 4) ... there are some paint chips so i think i will try to remove the old paint and paint it new + restring it ... what do you think about it? does it work?
    the grommets of the racket are broken ... does someone know where i can get replacement grommets ??

image1.jpg

2. Vraven

Vraven Regular Member

Well you will get new paint chips within the first weeks, so I think it´s a bit waste of time. Also I would be worried about the aerodynamic aspect. If you feel disturbed by the paint chips, just try to find a matching color and paint it locally.
    You should definitely restring such an old racket with factory strings.
    As you are located in Germany, just order at Ulrich Schaaf http://shop.badmintonversand.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=503
    BSL 24 and Sport Klauer used to have grommets, but they aren´t in stock at the moment. If time doesn´t matter, you can also order at mbs

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you bring it to a good badminton stringer, they should replace the old grommet for you. If you want to do it, you get some and DIY it. it is quite fun but not as easy as it looks depending on how damaged the current grommets are.