Rendra Wijaya/Fran Kurniawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by yannie, Nov 4, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so, what a nice move by their club, DJARUM though..for not sending them to any higher level tournaments:)

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think they can do better than what u say...:D

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Luluk has resigned from Pelatnas and will play for a Japanese club... :)

Subakti have been kicked out of Djarum due to lack of discipline... :eek: The other good prospect out of Djarum's possible roster is Edo Kurniawan, the younger brother of Fran Kurniawan. If Pelatnas ever drop him, Djarum will support him. But now he is enjoying a decent progress as a Pelatnas MD player (paired with Lingga), so there is no need for Djarum to manage him directly. :p

4. Yong_Hui

Yong_Hui Regular Member

Accountant
    djarum will send them to ss ig they think they are capable for it.
    But before that, for sure PBSI will recruit them 1st to pelatnas, if they are in SS level...
    hahaha

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    It could be a GOOD news for any countries MD department IF Fran really concentrate on XD ONLY...

6. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    It's sad to pair Rendra and Fran with Meiliana and Shendy respectively coz the gals are just too huge to move around. The guys can play much better with fitter female partners imo.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Why is it a good news considering that INA already has a long line of capable MD pairs. Also, Fran and Rendra are both limited in the sense that no-one can be the set-up player (in front of the net). It will be BAD NEWS for other countries XD because if Fran only focus on XD with Shendy, he could get better performance without exerting too much of himself.

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Fran will be a good possible substitute for Nova when he retires [don't know when yet]... I cannot disagree that Fran-Lily is an even more formidable pair than Fran-Shendy today...

Oh, by the way, Shendy is fit. She is just not as fast & creative as Lily Butet at the net... :p Shendy is fit enough to reach the finals of many GP tournaments in both XD and WD [3 weeks in a row]... ;)

I heard that Fran himself is very happy playing in XD... :p I am a technical novice in Badminton... but somehow, many coaches [Antonius, Aryono Minarat, Christian Hadinata, and Richard Mainaky] think that Fran is best suited for the XD game... :cool:

#108 Krisna, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    With this week's Dutch Open GP result, Fran-Shendy will become World #14, I think...

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fran Kurniawan/Liliyana Natsir will be an AWESOME COMBO!!! The coaches really will have a tough time determining who will be the best partner for Butet once Nova retires in 1-2 years time.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Rendra Wijaya
    can pair up with Greysia Polii if his partnership with Alvent Yulianto doesn't work up later on ;) This will be another good pairing as Rendra has powerful smashes while Grace is sufficiently experienced in XD.

12. v-may

v-may Regular Member

if it happens, it means that old couple (off court) are together again :p:p

13. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Watching Fran-Rendra in Dutch Final this year and last year, the big different is no Rendra's nervous in this year. A lot of progress although no double coach assist them.
    I also think pity if Fran-Rendra splitted. Why not keep Fran-Rendra in MD and Shendy-Meili in WD.

The women in XD usually stand as "Play Maker" of the pair, create some trick shot, placing, netting etc.
    Not many INA players who has style like it beside Lily, Vita or Greysia. In lower stage, we have Lita Nurlita, Yulianti, in younger we have Richi or Debby.

Shendy still much led by her pair (maybe still young and less experience) and Meili is back side player who harder to play in XD (like Nitya, Endang in Pelatnas)

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Greysia will be great if paired with Tantowi in my Opinion...also with Hendra AG...
    We may have Jenna Gozali and Debby Susanto next year in XD...I do not know which partner they will have....

If Pelatnas recruits Jenna...I will recommend Jenna pair up with Butet in WD and let Vita focusing in XD with Rizal....and Jenna with Hendra AG or Devin in XD...

Basically we will have many choices with addition of Debby/Richi and Jenna Gozali...

15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

I think They are tired also...But Shendy can be lethal in front...just like LHJ...her shots are much sharper too

16. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Oo, I c PBSI inspired by LYD/LHJ success

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Why not let Fran & Rian reunited as a pair and send Wijaya to the XD dept instead

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Rendra-Joko

The latest word on the street is that the National team wants to pair up Rendra-Joko instead! :eek: No more Rendra-Alvent talk... just Rendra-Joko now... :eek: But we all probably won't see them in action this year. Because the National Team is disbanded on November 13... I'm pretty confident Rendra-Joko will be called back to the National Team for 2009...

#118 Krisna, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  19. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    whaatt?thats an interesting move by PBSI...joko/hendra ag are splitting up after french super series or what...is it because hendra is too old and cant improve further?

20. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    About joko/hendra a.g

I read in local newspaper that hendra a.g/joko will not join french open. They coach (herry ip) say that pair not improve (stagnan) and he will evaluated hendra/joko but i dont know if they going to be split..

#120 abesadi, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008