Recommend a Singles Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pho89, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Pho89

Pho89 Regular Member

Just wondering if someone can recommend me a good singles racquet? I'm currently using the Arc 10 and I love it.

But of course like any avid player, I'd need to have at least 2-3 of the same racquet for tournament/string snapping purposes.

It's a little hard to find the Arc 10 in stores around my area now as it seems to be getting discontinued, so can anybody else recommend me a similar singles racquet?

I've been considering Arc 11 or Nanoray 900 but am open to other suggestions! Read up on alot of reviews about both of them too, but most seem to relate them to doubles play but not singles. :(

I'm a more defensive singles player than offensive.

Thanks!!

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i love the arc11 but i hated the arc10. arc11 is a very forgiving racket to me and honestly it's one of my favorites. i only have a nanoray800 but if the 900 is stiffer than the 800, then my shoulders would be dead after 1 or 2 games. the arc11 is light enough for doubles for me, but gives me enough power for singles. and i string it with zymax 67 @ 24lbs. i'm not a high tension person, can't handle the tension at 28/30 :p but with 24lbs on the arc11 i can still backhand clear out of trouble playing singles.

again, i'm emphasizing on the fact that it's quite a forgiving racket, but maybe it's my playing style, but do give it a try if you could borrow it for a game or two from a friend.

3. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

If you like Arc 10, you will love Arc 11. Legendary Taufik used Arc 11 for Men Singles before he retired. Currently Tommy Sugiarto is using Arc 11. For female single, Saina Nehwal uses NR900.

4. Pho89

Pho89 Regular Member

Thanks guys!

Been hearing a lot about how arc 11 doesn't give you a good smash power - do you guys feel the same?

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    IMOE, thats the case... AS11 is an even balance racket with slight head heaviness. If u have gd technique, any racket will do. Otherwise, its easier to generate power with head heavy rackets, such as those frm Yonex Voltric or Victor Thruster-K series.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Well, IMO with every 3U racket you can generate powerful smashs. It depends on if you are able to create a situation where it's worth to do a full 100% power smash and your technique? Not every smash means to win the point. An if you opponent is a greater player than you, he will mostly return your smash if it's not well placed. Don't mind about the Arc 11. It's a good racket and the closest to your Arc 10. Why don't you buy online? mbs has various Arc 10 listed.

7. Pho89

Pho89 Regular Member

Awesome. Thanks guys. Looks like Arc 11 it is for me. :)

8. teleke

teleke Regular Member

I think ARC 11 would be good and logical choice. The racket is good allrounder (Sugiarto, Axelsen and Parupalli are using the racket). Regarding the smash - as mentioned above...if you have a good technique there is no issue to produce powerful smash at all.

9. Mister Rie

Mister Rie New Member

Designer
  10. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Singles Racket:

I recommend: Li Ning N90/N55, Victor MX 80, Yonex Z force 2